IGNORED

HSC8 Round 19 Unicycling Time! BC's Quest for Tires & Pinhead

I'm at 20k so far, and can see if I put the time in getting to 200k easily... the levels do not get much harder at all after the first few.

JUST 100K needed for a win folks on BCs Quest - an easy 12pts/win in the column for some of you ;)

I think pinhead finishes after (a few of?) the purple heart screens but I might be wrong - hopefully I'll beat this level soon!

latest tables

Neanderthals!!!

1st McKong 100,000+ 12pts

1st Scalak 100,000+ 12pts

3rd orpheuswaking 20000 10pts

4th justin case 13605 9pts

5th therealbountybob 12890 8pts

6th atariron82 10890 7pts

7th Fres 3330 6pts

8th roadrunner 2265 5pts

9th Philsan 2260 4pts

10th Goochman 2095 3pts

11th innuendo 1975 2pts

12th Diz 1670 2pts

Pinheads!!!

1st therealbountybob 145,145 12pts

2nd McKong 74795 11pts

3rd Scalak 32535 10pts

4th justin case 12070 9pts

5th Goochman 2935 8pts

6th Diz 2295 7pts

7th Philsan 1810 6pts

8th roadrunner 1225 5pts

Pinhead 7,045

I'll post a picture tomorrow and hopefully have a higher score.

Pac-Man did appear and eat my unicycle after the second or third screen.

And does anyone have any recommendations on what to do with the diamonds? I have forgotten most everything about this game,

hadn't really played it much since the 1980s. But I really like it, except when a balloon pops right next to my foot.

lj- try and collect the items and then get a crab on top - if you kick the crabs back up sometimes they stick - if the same one comes back down 3+ times then it's not going to change its mind! If you're not good at kicking (even after being aggresive with it) then get an early crab as this gives you a longer body to run into the balloons pre kicking. The bonus for a crab on top is 1600 but this soon gets dwarfed/dwarved?! by catching a crab after an object... think I had 5,500 for one crab on cube :)

Sometimes there's a tough split second decision to make to kick one balloon (or two) instead of popping them to save them falling, sometime you are just robbed! Keep an eye on the buckets and fast objects and always try and head away from the screen edges after catching - you can even pop balloons towards the side of the head to keep more central though this is risky!

I've just loaded up for today's go - been playing the new pacman WIP (see main forum) and beta testing of a more complete ver of The Mighty Jill Off (not yet available :grin: )

Some slightly blurry screenshots:

best viewed with slighly blurry eyes :D

BC's 33,835 - finally got though level 4 - then several more times - guess it is too easy once you master the turtles backs (on PAL anyway) like Pooyan could do without never ending extra men after a certain score etc. (failed to beat my pinhead score)

post-19705-0-78302000-1323898249.jpg

If anyone's got any thoughts or game suggestions for the final round of the season I've started a discussion thead here!

New score for Pinhead 4,385

Much better using the arrow keys and turning the sound off. :)

Just press Option(f4) to turn the tune off ;)

Thanks, that has to be one of the worst songs ever. :(

Wonder if that's why Montezumas' Revenge had no tune?!!! (ok was RAM size)... kinda depressing until you get to the diamonds then it's strangely entrancing (trbb jumps out of the window) :D

Currently listening to Led Zep II, started off this evening with Queen's The Works followed by ACDC's Thunder Struck :music:

Last day for these games folks ;)

• Like 2

JUST 100K needed for a win folks on BCs Quest - an easy 12pts/win in the column for some of you ;)

Thank the Lord - not sure I've got sufficient willpower to force myself to play beyond 100k.

Pinhead: 18630. No screenshot cuz trbb & bluecat witnessed it (and my phonecam takes really shaky snaps [couldn't possibly be the photographer!])

No improvement in BC's..'cause I couldn't catch that Freakin' BIRD on level 4 :mad: !! Maybe one of you 100K-geniuses can tell us how it's done, since it's as easy as falling off a unicycle :ponder:

I did attempt Pinhead and feel like a patriot for getting past 3K :)

No improvement in BC's..'cause I couldn't catch that Freakin' BIRD on level 4 :mad: !! Maybe one of you 100K-geniuses can tell us how it's done, since it's as easy as falling off a unicycle :ponder:

I did attempt Pinhead and feel like a patriot for getting past..actually 8K :)

post-21471-0-07198800-1324202438_thumb.png

Edited by atariron82

I tend to hit the top of the approaching slope at about 70, the speed up / slow down as appropriate to the bird. So long as it (the 'freakin' bird) is above you when you get to the start of the pit you'll catch it - in short it's exactly the same as catching it on any of the previous levels except the speed requirements are different.

I tend to hit the top of the approaching slope at about 70, the speed up / slow down as appropriate to the bird. So long as it (the 'freakin' bird) is above you when you get to the start of the pit you'll catch it - in short it's exactly the same as catching it on any of the previous levels except the speed requirements are different.

Thanks J-C! I knew it was speed related, I just haven't determined the 'ideal' approach speed to get in synch with the bird, if it's even possible (as opposed to catching it at the precise moment while moving backward = very tricky!).

I did attempt Pinhead and feel like a patriot for getting past..actually 8K :)

Let me factor that into the final scores ;)

Congratulations to Justin Case (again hey two in a row :thumbsup: ) Scalak and McKong for rolling the stone wheel the extra mile uphill and rescuing the Cute Chick (I think they really preferred the cave girl or maybe the monster :D ) and congratulations to ME! for being Chief Pinhead :grin:

Final Tables:

BC's Quest for Tires

1st McKong 100,000 12pts

1st Scalak 100,000 12pts

1st justin case 100,000 12pts

4th therealbountybob 33835 9pts

5th orpheuswaking 20000 8pts

6th atariron82 10890 7pts

7th Philsan 4105 6pts

8th Fres 3330 5pts

9th roadrunner 2265 4pts

10th Goochman 2095 3pts