IGNORED

Interest Check: Authentic Reproduction Boxes - Donkey Kong

phattyboombatty

Thanks guys for all the encouragement and kindness!

I will start a pre-order list in Marketplace as soon as I get some more testing underway... As I mentioned, I need a reliable, low-cost supplier for the silver foil card stock, and I'm also doing some testing with a new UV-protective coating. I really want to make a near-exact likeness of the original Probe 2000 box so that I can print the other Probe 2000 unreleased. *hint hint*.

Any update on the Power Lords box yet? I sware I'm trying to learn patience but it's still one of my biggest weakness :lol: :evil:

Hey RelliK~

I'm glad you're maintaining interest. I'm working on Turbo and DK boxes this week. Hoping to get those out ASAP. After that, I have yet to do some more testing with card stock from a few different vendors. We should be in production by early March.

I was also wondering, I couldn't tell from the pictures on the back on the box, your not going to put "authentic replica package" on the Power Lords box like it was on the Donkey Kong box. On the Donkey Kong it was important to have that due to the fact that there was a original box already made, but with Power Lords your box will be the original so there would be no reason to have that on there ;) :thumbsup:

There will be a copyright notice to some extent. Looking to move this to one of the top flaps. :)

• Like 1

Thanks guys for all the encouragement and kindness!

I will start a pre-order list in Marketplace as soon as I get some more testing underway... As I mentioned, I need a reliable, low-cost supplier for the silver foil card stock, and I'm also doing some testing with a new UV-protective coating. I really want to make a near-exact likeness of the original Probe 2000 box so that I can print the other Probe 2000 unreleased. *hint hint*.

Any update on the Power Lords box yet? I sware I'm trying to learn patience but it's still one of my biggest weakness :lol: :evil:

Hey RelliK~

I'm glad you're maintaining interest. I'm working on Turbo and DK boxes this week. Hoping to get those out ASAP. After that, I have yet to do some more testing with card stock from a few different vendors. We should be in production by early March.

I was also wondering, I couldn't tell from the pictures on the back on the box, your not going to put "authentic replica package" on the Power Lords box like it was on the Donkey Kong box. On the Donkey Kong it was important to have that due to the fact that there was a original box already made, but with Power Lords your box will be the original so there would be no reason to have that on there ;) :thumbsup:

There will be a copyright notice to some extent. Looking to move this to one of the top flaps. :)

Sounds good I don't mind the copyright notice that makes since ;) I can't wait to get that box it will be great I'm sure :-D

• 1 year later...