IGNORED

Xbox live account hacked!

Cafeman

I think it's also a bad idea to give paypal your bank account number. I only give them my credit card number. I gave them my bank account number until around 2002 when they suddenly locked my account and would only unlock it if I gave them another bank account number. I probably wouldn't have bothered with that but I had just gotten some money in the account at the time so I gave them a student checking account that I never used any way so they'd unlock my account. Since then I've removed all bank details from paypal and have only give them credit card information.

I'm thinking about this. The trouble is, if you sell anything and accept Paypal, you must do this. I've kept an alternate bank account with a very few dollars in it for these transactions, but now that most banks (greedy schmucks) are charging $7 per month for a checking account - unless you keep $1500 in it that scammers can get to in event of hack - this is not an option.

AAARGH! I think you MUST give them a bank account when you get started with Paypal, even if you use a credit card for purchases, right? They always try to steer you away from your credit card in an attempt to avoid the merchant fees, and to encourage you to keep money in your Paypal account that you don't receive interest on, too.

See if you can get into a local credit union or something. They are much better than the big banks regarding fees, minimum balances, etc.

I think it's also a bad idea to give paypal your bank account number. I only give them my credit card number. I gave them my bank account number until around 2002 when they suddenly locked my account and would only unlock it if I gave them another bank account number. I probably wouldn't have bothered with that but I had just gotten some money in the account at the time so I gave them a student checking account that I never used any way so they'd unlock my account. Since then I've removed all bank details from paypal and have only give them credit card information.

I'm thinking about this. The trouble is, if you sell anything and accept Paypal, you must do this. I've kept an alternate bank account with a very few dollars in it for these transactions, but now that most banks (greedy schmucks) are charging $7 per month for a checking account - unless you keep $1500 in it that scammers can get to in event of hack - this is not an option.

AAARGH! I think you MUST give them a bank account when you get started with Paypal, even if you use a credit card for purchases, right? They always try to steer you away from your credit card in an attempt to avoid the merchant fees, and to encourage you to keep money in your Paypal account that you don't receive interest on, too.

I signed up around 1999 or 2000 and they probably did force people to give them a bank account at the time. Now a person can remove their bank account information as long as they have a credit card on file. Of course they nag me about how I really should have a bank account attached to it but I just find that humorous when it happens. I rarely sell stuff online so when I do I just leave the money in the account for the next time I buy something using paypal which doesn't take long to make it vanish anyway.