IGNORED

Peritel boards

bombidragon

I got some NOS atari dealer parts (A box full!) and it has some atari computer peritel boards with the video output socket on one side and a header on the other. I assume these are for a 1200.

The markings say:

Peritel Adaptor

Assy CA061034

ICTV

3-83

I figure in the US these are pretty rare and any info would be great.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I think it might be for a 400 or 800. What it probably does is amplify each luma output comming from the CTIA or GTIA and then connects each one to R G B plus the SYNC signal to an RGB monitor instead of combining them for use in composite or Y-C video. It's kind of a poor-man's RGB for the Atari. So, your lumanence values now create some color on an RGB monitor.

Somewhere, I have a couple of fuzzy zerox pages describing how to do this and has a schematic too. That information looks very very much like this.

Edited by puppetmark

Well let's think of this. For RGB you need red, green, blue, ground and if the monitor doesn't sync-on-green, you'd also need sync. That makes 5 pins. I wonder what the other 3 pins are for. Are all pins of the connector connected to something on the PCB?

Audio and composite video most likely.

Mitch