IGNORED

What's the deal with Star Castle 2600?

godzillajoe

Wow, I must have been away during all that fun. I'll just play it on my Vectrex. No game is worth that much.

damn skippy

Ya know, Star Castle was a good game, but it wasn't all THAT. I think there are plenty of other classics and new 2600 games waiting to be created...

Star Castle is all that. It's straight up without having to memorize patterns and crap like that.

I'm stunned he isn't mass producing the game to sell...

It's attitude.

I bet if his version of Star Castle were released for a fair price I'd destroy it.

I'd need one of those Starplex controllers cuz Homey don't play Star Castle with joysticks.

• Like 2

Would LOVE another homebrewer with the skill make as good a version of Star Castle and offer it for free or at least fair price, wish I had the skill just for the principal of it.

There's no shortage of programming talent on AtariAge. Time, yes. Inclination, yes. Those are the two biggest factors for any homebrew game to come to fruition. Someone has to want to do it.

But it's not something that someone else couldn't achieve.

And just as well. If not better.

This guy's nothing special. Except in his own little world.

• Like 1

Are there 32,768 atariage members? If we all pitched in a dollar, we could have it released for the whole community. :P

I would LOVE to play Star Castle for 2600. Maybe some quiet homebrewer is already working on it. I remember someone picking the programmers brain about info on how it was made. Fortress of Narzod would be rad too. :P

I read a bit of that thread and the guy who programmed the game needs to get over himself. I mean, even if his asking price of $32k is tongue-in-cheek it’s still beyond ridiculous. He applies this logic that his time is worth a certain amount of money, but he’s forgetting the fact that he spent that time developing a game program that runs on the Atari 2600, which nobody in the world gives a shart about save for a vestigial cadre of fanatics on the internet.

Gee, if I take Lord of the Rings and “port” it to BetaMax, maybe I can pay down my mortgage by selling a copy or two….

• Like 6

Are there 32,768 atariage members? If we all pitched in a dollar, we could have it released for the whole community.

Not worth it. It would feed his narcissism, and justify his behavior. The amount of ill will he generated here at AtariAge negated his accomplishment.

I agree. That would probably set a bad precedent.

Well...sometimes that one piece of history comes around and the price has to be paid. I mean..if you got a one of a kind item and the whole world wanted it, wouldnt you charge as much as humanly possible to sell it?

So, this guy has one and no one else does.....maybe its a fake..lol!

I programmed a game for the C64 back in the day with some non moving sprites.....made out of basic shapes....it was a text based adventure game that lasted maybe 20 minutes to play, but I was like 11.

Maybe some one here has heard of it? "The Last Hero" made for the C64 by Chris Leach and Tom Findlay? I would let it go for $10,001

pm me if interested...

He applies this logic that his time is worth a certain amount of money, but he’s forgetting the fact that he spent that time developing a game program that runs on the Atari 2600, which nobody in the world gives a shart about.

Exactly. Developing for the 2600 is no more about making profits. And anyone who thinks the opposite will end up with emptiness.