IGNORED

Bug Ridden Scrolls V: Cryin (Tell us your Glitches)

Gemintronic

What's the whackiest glitches you've experienced so far? I'll start:

* SUPER MAMMOTH BROS: Two Mammoths tried to loiter in the same location. They started to insta-transport 50 feet in the air. Lasted about three minutes.

* I'VE FALLEN AND I CAN'T GET UP: I tried rapidly pounding the activate button while a Markarth Miner was already using an ore vien. Next thing I know I dropped through the world and ended up in a void half a mile from Markarth.

* HELLO, MY NAME IS MR DEAD: Fast traveled from a far corner of the map on a horse to the Mages College. It dropped us 50 feet in the air killing me and my horse gruesomely.

* I RAN ( SO FAR AWAY): Sometimes after fast traveling my companion will mount an invisible treadmill and run in place until I enter a door.

Edited by theloon

Interestingly, wasn't this game engine chosen over the old one because it was supposed to be less glitchy or something?

Most of the glitches I've come across are falling though the floor (or rocks) and the fact that rocks/walls aren't what they look like. Don't know how many times I shot someone with what was clearly "line of sight" only to have the arrow stick in mid air, or bounce (off mid air) and they instantly know where I am. maybe it's just me, but I don't recall having that much trouble on the previous games.

Luckily I haven't run into anything as bad as "permanent burden" that was such a problem in Morrowind.

I can't finish the game. The stormcloaks both just keep saying the same thing. I've read up on what happend. I started the join the stormcloaks but never turned it in... until I had decided to start to beat the main quest. After you have to go back to them. When I get there, It wont let me turn in the kill the yetti(?) or do the next quest of the main story line. This on top of all the other stuff makes me very very very upset. I have heard patch 1.4 will mainly be for ps3(ugggg) but who knows when or even if they will fix this one. %&$#&%$#&$#^&$*^&%!!!

Interestingly, wasn't this game engine chosen over the old one because it was supposed to be less glitchy or something?

Most of the glitches I've come across are falling though the floor (or rocks) and the fact that rocks/walls aren't what they look like. Don't know how many times I shot someone with what was clearly "line of sight" only to have the arrow stick in mid air, or bounce (off mid air) and they instantly know where I am. maybe it's just me, but I don't recall having that much trouble on the previous games.

Luckily I haven't run into anything as bad as "permanent burden" that was such a problem in Morrowind.

The main reason was graphics. They thought the "Radiant-AI" NPC scripting was good enough to enhance and extend. If you ever decide to follow an NPC instead of fast travel you'll see just how good this system works. Oh, I've seen horses attack an NPC that attempted to mount it. Good times.

Last night I ran into the Ruby Claw problem where the damn rings on the puzzle door won't spin. It wouldn't be so bad if you could go out the way you came in, but you have to jump down a hole, so there is no way out. You are trapped and loading any saves you made while inside of the place won't work. You have to load a save before entering and do everything all over again before the rings will spin.

There is a city that is having murders, but that quest seems to be broken since nobody is where they are supposed to be to start the quest. Since I can't do that quest, I can't buy a house there.

There are miscellaneous quests that are permanently stuck in the list. They won't clear even though I visited the places or talked to the people.

There should be 3 favorites. You should be able to press up to see your favorites list, and press left, right, or down to select one of your 3 favorites. I'd be pretty happy with 3 since that's about all I use, but only 2 favorites is a pain. Pressing up or down to see your favorites list? What a waste of a direction!

I'm pretty disappointed in the quality of AI in games like this. The characters are still too stupid and their emotions are about as consistent as a bipolar drunk woman with PMS.

Speaking of characters in games like this, how hard would it be to let us change their lives for the worse or for the better. For example, why can't I give a beggar enough money to buy a house and a better life?

There are miscellaneous quests that are permanently stuck in the list. They won't clear even though I visited the places or talked to the people.

I think some of the quests are perpetual missions (kill x bears, bring me x ingredients, etc) I still think it should be removed from your active quests list when you complete it initially, even if you can continue said quest ( you may get extra items, but no extra credit for continuing said quests)

There should be 3 favorites. You should be able to press up to see your favorites list, and press left, right, or down to select one of your 3 favorites. I'd be pretty happy with 3 since that's about all I use, but only 2 favorites is a pain. Pressing up or down to see your favorites list? What a waste of a direction!

I'm not sure how many items you can have in your favorites, I'm sure there is an upper limit, but I have over a dozen items in my favorites list (sword, bow, certain magics, heal potions etc) I prefer the old rosetta "favorites" list from Oblivion though, it's faster to select an item with that one. But then, the game does pause when you use the favorites menu.

I'm pretty disappointed in the quality of AI in games like this. The characters are still too stupid and their emotions are about as consistent as a bipolar drunk woman with PMS.

Speaking of characters in games like this, how hard would it be to let us change their lives for the worse or for the better. For example, why can't I give a beggar enough money to buy a house and a better life?

LOL, me too. I may be remembering wrong, but I seem to remember the AI on Oblivion, you could do something to piss someone off, and then do somethingto make them like you again. This one, once you piss them off,they seem to never like you again. I also seem to remember, if you accidentally (or intentionally) attacked someone, you could surrender or something and stop a fight, I've never seen that work on here, so when I do something and get in a fight, the only way out I've found is to kill them or start from an earlier save.

Anyhow, the AI over all sucks on this game.

Speaking of AI sucking. I've run into a few guys that wouldn't "see" you, (according to the sneaking "eye") but yet they happend to not only manage to see me from an insane distance, and run straight at me, but also manage to avoid arrows and such. That's some BS there :P but anyhow, at least one of them was a druggie, cause they had a schitload of skooma, maybe they were just high and din't know what they were doing :lol:

What you could do in previous games was use persuasion to increase your reputation with someone. In Morrowind this was based on your speech skill. In Oblivion it was really a matter of getting used to the stupid mini-game that popped up which made your skill somewhat useless. Anyway, you had the ability to improve how someone felt about you.

The Creation engine was not "chosen" over the old Gamebryo engine. It was developed in-house. The base of it is still Gamebryo but much was rewritten and added. So the most likely situation is that they completed Oblivion and the developers expressed their desire to develop an in-house engine for the next game. As a software developer this is definitely a sentiment I am familiar with. You always think you can produce something better than the pre-rolled thing you were handed. Most of the time it is true but there is obviously a lot of work involved. I am sure they will get the kinks worked out. This is a massive game with tons and tons of scripts developed by a multitude of people. It is no surprise that there have been many unforeseen issues.

I'm not sure how many items you can have in your favorites, I'm sure there is an upper limit, but I have over a dozen items in my favorites list (sword, bow, certain magics, heal potions etc) I prefer the old rosetta "favorites" list from Oblivion though, it's faster to select an item with that one. But then, the game does pause when you use the favorites menu.

I think I wasn't clear enough in my explanation. You can have a ton of things in your favorites, but if you press up or down on the D-Pad, a favorites pop-up box will appear and you can scroll to the item you want and hold left for 1, select another favorite and hold right for 2, then close the pop-up box. After that, all you have to do is press right or left on the D-Pad once or twice to select your number 1 or number 2 choice.

I would like it if we could bring up the pop-up favorites box, scroll to the item, hold down the left bumper (since it doesn't seem to be used for anything), then hold down, left, or right to assign 3 of your most used favorites. Maybe they thought something like that would be too confusing. I'd rather have 2 most used instant favorites than nothing at all, but it seems like they could have thought of some way to give us 1 or 2 more instant favorites.

I usually use ice spike or ice storm as number 1, depending on the situation, and I also use Candlelight or Conjure Flame Atronach as number 2. I usually assign ice spike to number 1 and Candlelight to number 2, but I have to keep bringing up the favorites pop-up to assign Conjure Flame Atronach to number 2, then back to Candlelight, then back to Conjure Flame Atronach. . . If I had a third most used instant favorite, I'd have a lot less menu work to do and I'd be able to spend more time playing the game.

Here's something else that popped up. The people at the Bards College won't take the crap I found for them. They taught me some skills as thanks, but left the items in my inventory. I can't drop the items, so it looks like I'm stuck with them forever.

Here's something else that popped up. The people at the Bards College won't take the crap I found for them. They taught me some skills as thanks, but left the items in my inventory. I can't drop the items, so it looks like I'm stuck with them forever.

I have this same problem. I *think* I've heard that quest items have no weight although a value is listed.

I glitched the "Kill Petra Hagraven" quest by ignoring the jailed Hagraven and directly rocking Petra. Now the quest is unresolvable.

Oh, you can. But he'll just spend it on mead.

You could lead a beggar into a house with a wide variety of ales. Reverse steal plenty of gold and expensive clothes so he looks more like a Renaissance Yuppie. Maybe blocking the door so the fella wont "Radiant-AI" himself back into the streets.

The real problem is, if this game is anything like Fallout, everything resets in 3 days.

Edited by theloon

Oh, I understand that, kind of like a "quick favorites" list, since Left, and Right (and aside from running, Lbumper) seem to do nothing in the game.

I swear, I've gotten to the point I almost don't use the favorites list anymore. I mean, it's not much slower to just hit a and go through the list to the item you want (and since their tiered, in some cases it's actually faster)

Speaking of giving bums money, I ran into a few you could just give the booz to instead of money LOL, that was a nice touch.

As for quest items, I think they should allow you to drop them, but only in an owned house (keeps from ending with a broken quest, but allows you to clean up your items menu)

Edited by Video

Ya, the favorites list used to be good when my magic didn't regenerate fast enough. You could equip and unequip a magic boosting item and it would give you free magic.

I still use the Favorites to switch from Fire Atronach (ranged attacks) to Frost Atronachs (meat shield).

Keeping the bug theme going, Mercer Frey trails behind you so far he usually doesn't follow you down the stairs into Snow Veil Sanctum. I had to cast spells at him to make him back up further down the stairs.. ugh.

Edited by theloon

I*******possible spoiler for someone*********

I just found discovered a HUGE hidden area behind sovengarde. It is mosly unfinished but there are some strange monliths . Landmass seems to go on forever. I think morrowind had a similar area. I have some crude pics ill post up shortly.

I have not seen any other forums mention this spot yet.

IMG_20111224_184511.jpg

IMG_20111224_190002.jpg

th_VID_20111224_184524.jpg

Edited by Skarrj

If anyone want to try to get to this place, once you are in sovengarde, go left into the mountain instead of across the bridge. You have to do some straff mountain climbing till you are are far as you can go. Now climb down the hillside toward the water. Once you are in the water, swim as far away from solvengarde as you can, you will eventually come to a wall. There is a dip in the wall the will glitch and put you on top of the wall if you pass into it. From here you can explore this strange area. This was on the 360, so no need to use console commands.

Edited by Skarrj

If anyone want to try to get to this place, once you are in sovengarde, go left into the mountain instead of across the bridge. You have to do some straff mountain climbing till you are are far as you can go. Now climb down the hillside toward the water. Once you are in the water, swim as far away from solvengarde as you can, you will eventually come to a wall. There is a dip in the wall the will glitch and put you on top of the wall if you pass into it. From here you can explore this strange area.

Is that the place where all of the dead muscle dudes go when they die? Is there a way to get back there?

If anyone want to try to get to this place, once you are in sovengarde, go left into the mountain instead of across the bridge. You have to do some straff mountain climbing till you are are far as you can go. Now climb down the hillside toward the water. Once you are in the water, swim as far away from solvengarde as you can, you will eventually come to a wall. There is a dip in the wall the will glitch and put you on top of the wall if you pass into it. From here you can explore this strange area.

Is that the place where all of the dead muscle dudes go when they die? Is there a way to get back there?

Yes, right now i dont think you can get back once youve left. However, i did notice the door For the main hall takes a key once youve finshed the mission there. Maybe well be able to go back someday

• Like 1

Here is something that is weird. To the left of Whiterun Stables (on the map), there are 5 copies of Louis Letrush. One in the middle, who is down in the ground almost up to his belly button, and the other 4 standing around him normally.

post-13-0-34453600-1324805664_thumb.jpg

Here is something that is weird. To the left of Whiterun Stables (on the map), there are 5 copies of Louis Letrush. One in the middle, who is down in the ground almost up to his belly button, and the other 4 standing around him normally.

This was one I was going to post and had a game saved right when i discovered it, but then accidently over wrote. I think I only had three Louis Letrush's, but yes one was waist deep in the road!!

So it wasn't just me.

Weird is right.