IGNORED

Taking a Look at Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure

pocketmego

I bought this game shortly after it came out. Pretty fun game. Reminded me of the old Gauntlet games on the Dreamcast, although not so adult oriented. My girlfriend really enjoys it as well. She says it's a game that she can actually play. A few weeks back Toys are us had a buy one get one free deal on Skylanders so I stocked up on accessories. (Extra Skylanders, carry case, adventure sets) I will say this, I had a lady in Wal Mart tell me after she saw me at the Skylanders display NOT to buy them because the figures were expensive and tore up to easily. Now I can't say I've had any issue with the quality of the figures, in fact I think they are rather well built, however, if you have a bunch of younger, rambunctious kids who don't take care of their toys very well, this might not be the best choice for them. The portal supports the figures standing on it...not humans and these aren't the type of figures you want to take out side and play with.

• Like 1

sweet...ill have this in a few days too. The figures are actually very well built from what I can tell, not somehting you would want to let your kid take in the bath or snadbox though, with electronics being imbedded and all.

Exactly, The lady warning me of the poor quality just got a blank stare from me. If I had told her what I was thinking which was that the mother should teach her kids to be respectful of their toys, and explain to the the value of these particular ones, yada, yada, yada, she probably would have told me to go f*ck myself. So I just said I personally didn't have any issues with the toy and liked it a lot.

My wife is getting it for me for Christmas (she so understands that I really am just a giant child). I was intrigued by the concept from the beginning. It was from Toys for Bob, so I knew it would be good and it really is a logical next step to their old school games like Mail Order Monsters. The tech cinched it though, it fascinates m,e. Then I heard and have seen that the game is REALLY good.

Then I heard and have seen that the game is REALLY good.

It's no slouch in the game deparment that is for sure. It's a lot of fun i think.

Also, If you are interested in going for 100% achievements, there's a few toughies included that'll have you playing this over and over trying to beat it 100%.

• Like 1

Then I heard and have seen that the game is REALLY good.

It's no slouch in the game deparment that is for sure. It's a lot of fun i think.

Also, If you are interested in going for 100% achievements, there's a few toughies included that'll have you playing this over and over trying to beat it 100%.

Cool, thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely have to get a Skylander rep from all the classes. The problem is some of them I really like from the same classes.

Cool, thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely have to get a Skylander rep from all the classes. The problem is some of them I really like from the same classes.

LOL It's funny you posted this. Technically you would need one figure from each class to get to all the area's in the game.I said the same thing, I would just get one from each class, but like you I wound up liking figures from the same class (Eruptor, Flame Slinger) and just wound up getting them anyways!

Most of my figures aren't taken out of the package. You can still use them on the portal in the package. My thought is, if I ever get bored with it enough to sell them off, they will still be considered new and unopened.

• Like 1

LOL It's funny you posted this. Technically you would need one figure from each class to get to all the area's in the game.I said the same thing, I would just get one from each class, but like you I wound up liking figures from the same class (Eruptor, Flame Slinger) and just wound up getting them anyways!

Most of my figures aren't taken out of the package. You can still use them on the portal in the package. My thought is, if I ever get bored with it enough to sell them off, they will still be considered new and unopened.

Probably the best way to go. Those packs with a figure and level probably need to be opened if you want the health potion and time warp thing. :D

Those packs with a figure and level probably need to be opened if you want the health potion and time warp thing. :D

Yes that is true, although you can probably use the figure and the extra level without opening the package. We used the figures in an unopened 3 pack and they worked fine. The fact the potion and sword etc...are stacked on top of each other would prevent you from using them for sure I bet (never tried it though!!)

• Like 1

Let me tell ya, Skylanders is awesome! Something about the characters, to the packaging, and the MUSIC. Man really, there is so much to the game! I just ate a small chunk of the Video City sticker cards gum! And listen to the soundtrack......! Buy Sonic CD as well. THAT music is epic also!!!! MUSIC!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Breakpack and I bought our copies of Skylanders together. I wasn't sold on the idea when it first came out, but he made me want to take a second look and after trying out the demo at Target we decided to take the plunge. We bought the starter kit from Best Buy because it came with an exclusive item (a little portal) that gave you the extra area the Volcanic Vault. Not sure if they are still offering that item or not.

I was going to pick it up (had a little money left over after getting the christmas shoping done) but it appears, at least in our neck of the woods, that the Xbox version is REALLY popular. They have dozens of PS3 and Wii games (I guess I could get it for wii, but over all I'm not impressed with the required usage of the motion controlls on there) but tehy are sold out of Xbox games. But...I see now they have it for 3DS too? I'm assuming that all the games are interchangeable, and the 3DS will probably be enough different to warrant getting that in additiion to the console version.

Yeah, I'll hold off, justa few more days...uhgh....Or not. But looks like I'll get the 3DS version too.

I was going to pick it up (had a little money left over after getting the christmas shoping done) but it appears, at least in our neck of the woods, that the Xbox version is REALLY popular. They have dozens of PS3 and Wii games (I guess I could get it for wii, but over all I'm not impressed with the required usage of the motion controlls on there) but tehy are sold out of Xbox games. But...I see now they have it for 3DS too? I'm assuming that all the games are interchangeable, and the 3DS will probably be enough different to warrant getting that in additiion to the console version.

Yeah, I'll hold off, justa few more days...uhgh....Or not. But looks like I'll get the 3DS version too.

The 3DS version is a platformer. The other versions are Gauntlet style hack n slashers with no jumping.

Well I finally got this game. The PC version to be exact, and does ROCK! It has so many classic game elements that I feel like I have been playing it for years. Yet at the same time, the very concept of the game, makes it all very fun and fresh. All in all a very solid and fun game.

• 3 weeks later...

I just ordered a copy of this game from Amazon as it was $20 off MSRP. Looking forward to giving it a playthrough based on all the good words going around about it.

I also couldn't help but notice how EXPENSIVE additional figures are on Amazon. Some individual figures were priced at $8 and 3-packs at $20 as they were intended. But there were many with sky-high prices, including individuals going in the $30 to $65 range and 3-packs going for $50 to $120!!

Not sure if I can afford to expand this game :?

Mendon

Mostly that's just assholes who bought up the "limited" edition characters and are trying to gouge people on amazon.

Just dig and you should find Amazon shop games instead of third party and those should be normal priced (though to get the limited "X store here" you may have to pay more, or go to a bam store)

My dumbass didnt' get the 3DS one when I thought about it, now walmart is sold out of those too. They got the characters, and the PS3/Wii version (never saw a PC one) but no Xboxor3DS, guess I'll have to go online to get it now.

Not sure if I can afford to expand this game :?

There's been a bit of a draught of figures after the holiday. The Skylander display in my area are either bare, or have around a dozen Boomers and nothing else.

These aren't the limited edition Silver ones either (which go for around $75) Some of the standard figures are selling for about double the retail price right now.

I wouldn't worry about it. Eventually the stores will restock and you see the prices come back down.

Geesh.... its hard finding regular figures right now; limited edition silver figures are expensive as hell; and now they are adding GOLD FIGURES???

http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2012/01/gold-skylanders/

Wow, Activision may have really found a money maker in collectable video game accessories.

Mendon

Edited by Mendon

Wow, Activision may have really found a money maker in collectable video game accessories.

If you see a Limited Edition snag it. I was at Target before Xmas and got one of the Silver figures. Turned right around and put it on my eBay store and got $70 for it. They way I see, that one figure paid for 10 figures for me. Some rich Skylanders fan was happy, I was happy, Santa was happy. (One less thing in his sack)

The crazy thing is, from what I was told, other than the paint job, there is no difference. If you put a Silver Spyro on the pedestal, it's going to appear in the game as plain ol Spyro not silver.

McFarlane used to do this with some of his figures and boy at first it really jacked the price up. Then it became common place. A bunch of goofy repaints. Now those same figures aren't worth squat. I know, I have some.

I bought this and was pleasantly surprised. I couldn't see myself going nuts buying all the figurines, but something fun to play with the kids. Problem is, my "Portal of Power" stopped working after only 2 uses! I sent it back to Activision about 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything.

Of course, I somehow managed to delete the e-mail with the claim number, so I guess I just have to hope a new one shows up on my step someday.