IGNORED

Taking a Look at Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure

pocketmego

unexpected hunt #2 -> one store: walmart

no triple-packs, or adventure packs, but the rest of the section was fully stocked. i bought whirlwind (air), flameslinger (fire), and even though i already have trigger happy , drill sergeant (tech) looked too bad ass to pass up.

they also had chop chop (undead), cynder (undead) and double trouble (magic), which i skipped.

so now i own one of each element except: earth (none); tech (two!)

what a freaken RUSH, man. there's no doubt i'll be blowing a bit of tomorrow's paycheck at the store. i've decided on owning TWO of each element (16 figurines). my reasoning is if one guy bites the dust and i need him later on the level, i'll have a backup character from the same element to use.

whirlwind is kinda stupid looking. i almost passed on that one. i like how warnado looks. that will be my 2nd air.

Flameslinger plays a bit like Gill Grunt as far as main attack goes. one shot at a time, at a medium pace (insert Adam Sandler song here). the former has a bow & arrow, the latter has a harpoon. their second attacks are different. Flameslinger has a dash while Gill Grunt has a water cannon. both of these secondaries are mediocre until you upgrade them.

Flameslinger was a bit on the crap side as a Level-1 character (with no power-ups, mind you) in Chapter 17. Whirlwind was _completely_ useless in the boss battle. he died with like one hit from the Dark Minion trio. ...the bad guy in this game talks too much during boss fights.

day three -> game time: 2h 15m | 16 chapters finished | 24% completion | 5 characters

day three part II -> game time: 1h 02m | 17 chapters finished | 25% completion | 8 characters

Edited by bomberpunk

The triple packs were all gone from my local Walmart, so the game is definitely popular here.

BTW, is FLAMESLINGER a decent character? Not saying I bought one before even buying the game or anything like that... :)

Once he's upgraded a few times he's quite useful for shooting from a distance and his speed comes in handy as well. He also ends up leaving a ring of fire which you can circle around toughher enemies with and it does a lot of damage. My son and I use him as one of our primary characters.

• Like 1

i think i may need some professional help...

hunt #3 -> three stores: best buy, kmart, walmart

best buy had only the game, including a giant $99 box containing the normal starter pack plus 2 three-packs inside. i walked out with the only copy of the $20 official strategy guide.

k-mart had several figurines and two different 3-packs. i almost bought one, but it included stealth elf who is already included in the 3DS version (which i will be getting later today at target or maybe the wife will buy it and save it for v-day). single figurines included wrecking ball (magic), eruptor (fire), hex (undead), boomer (tech), dino-rang (earth), and maybe one other one. maybe i'm the only moron who does this, but i actually check for imperfections in the paint on the figurines and take the best one. i have no interest in boomer, and both the hex and dino-rang copies were all crappy. therefore, i only bought eruptor (my 2nd fire) and wrecking ball (my 2nd magic).

back to walmart, i saw the same guys from last night. this time i picked up chop chop (undead) and for the hell of it double trouble (my 3rd magic).

so now i'm at 12 figurines with 3x magic, 2x fire, 2x tech, 2x undead, and 0 earth.

and i feel like i just took a dose of heroin.

Edited by bomberpunk
  • Like 1

i think i may need some professional help...

hunt #3 -> three stores: best buy, kmart, walmart

best buy had only the game, including a giant $99 box containing the normal starter pack plus 2 three-packs inside. i walked out with the only copy of the $20 official strategy guide.

k-mart had several figurines and two different 3-packs. i almost bought one, but it included stealth elf who is already included in the 3DS version (which i will be getting later today at target or maybe the wife will buy it and save it for v-day). single figurines included wrecking ball (magic), eruptor (fire), hex (undead), boomer (tech), dino-rang (earth), and maybe one other one. maybe i'm the only moron who does this, but i actually check for imperfections in the paint on the figurines and take the best one. i have no interest in boomer, and both the hex and dino-rang copies were all crappy. therefore, i only bought eruptor (my 2nd fire) and wrecking ball (my 2nd magic).

back to walmart, i saw the same guys from last night. this time i picked up chop chop (undead) and for the hell of it double trouble (my 3rd magic).

so now i'm at 12 figurines with 3x magic, 2x fire, 2x tech, 2x undead, and 0 earth.

and i feel like i just took a dose of heroin.

If you can find pirate seas, pick it up for Terrafin.

portals for the PC, Wii, and PS3 are the same model and will work on all three consoles. the 3DS portal is smaller and is exclusive to the 3DS. the 360 portal is the same size as the others but is not cross-platform,

Interesting, does the portal store information, because I wouldn't see an advantage to this.

I'm still flip flopping between 360 and PS3, deciding which version to get. I don't like buying batteries all the time, and in one case, RDR, the colors were sharper on the 360.

On Friday, Amazon had a bunch of individual figures (no sets or three packs) in stock at regular $7.99 prices..... at least 12 - 15 figures.

This morning, I thought I might buy a couple more figures to replace a couple of mine that I consider "weak" and went online to Amazon. to make my purchase. Only three figures were left at $7.99: Zap, Wrecking Ball, and Boomer. Didn't want any of those so I passed.

The popularity of collecting the figures for this game continues to surprise me and I'm waiting to see which company.... EA, anyone.... jumps in with its own "Skylanders" game while the genre is hot.

Mendon

• Like 1

If you can find pirate seas, pick it up for Terrafin.

I've got both Darklight Crypt and Pirate Seas and have been looking and looking for Empire of Ice, but have never seen it anywhere (except for the high priced reseller models). One of these days I'll find it, though.

Mendon

On Friday, Amazon had a bunch of individual figures (no sets or three packs) in stock at regular $7.99 prices..... at least 12 - 15 figures.

This morning, I thought I might buy a couple more figures to replace a couple of mine that I consider "weak" and went online to Amazon. to make my purchase. Only three figures were left at $7.99: Zap, Wrecking Ball, and Boomer. Didn't want any of those so I passed.

The popularity of collecting the figures for this game continues to surprise me and I'm waiting to see which company.... EA, anyone.... jumps in with its own "Skylanders" game while the genre is hot.

Mendon

As somebody said, with the GI Joe or Transformer license, my goodness. I'm off to do my search, I was only planning on getting individual figures, but the group sentiment is to get Pirate Seas, so I will look for that one.

day four -> game time: 1h 50m | 19 chapters finished | 30% completion | 9 characters used

i'm really tempted to buy zap from amazon, but like i said in a previous post, i like looking for the best copy (whichever one has the least amount of paint imperfections).

Just keep an eye out at the store instead of paying an inflated price, just saw zap in a three pack at target.

WELP

K-mart - 7.99 nothing

Walmart - 7.99 nothing

Best Buy - 8.99 nothing, but they haven't had anything in weeks when I've been there, they did have the first season of Barney Miller

Target - 8.99 nothing

TRU - 9.99 Boomer, they told me Thursday is a good day for new ones to come in

Forgot to add Gamestop - nothing as well.

It just hit me, forget about GI Joe or Transformers, this would be insane with Star Wars characters.

Wow! Good point! Nobody tell Lucas about this or my son will have me going broke buying the whole Star Wars universe! Lol! :)