IGNORED

Knockout Round 3: Pole Position

zylon

^I've added your score and removed your skip protection^

I'm in lifetime best territory :) :-D :P :cool: :evil: :party: :music:

I'm done playing for this round since it will end while I'm at work.

post-25215-0-74371400-1325008780_thumb.jpg

Edited by zylon

Zylon, did you complete lap 8 to get that high score? And did you wreck at all during that game?

Almost. if you look closely, the finish line was in sight. The checkered flags had already flown since they start before you hit the line.

I wrecked once in lap 2.

I played a very nice game, BUT... there was 6 frickin' cars on the sharpest (black billboard) turn,

so I tried to turn into the grass, and I STILL crashed... the sharpness of the turn pushed me into one

of the other guys tires... other wise I'd be 8 lap completed I'm pretty sure... :mad:

NOT MY BEST HERE, BUT A SCORE OF = 90,950 :P

Final scores:

zylon - 103,100 (NEW HSC record for MGP 8 laps)

sdamon - 100,650

JacobZu7zu7 - 99,600

Cafeman - 91,500

Sonic R - 90,800

Roadrunner - 85,950

atariron82 - 66,250(eliminated)

Great job to all who played and survived. Better luck next time to those who didn't. We've had quite the season here with records falling nearly every round with this contest being no exception.

Our next round is Mario bros. Isn't that awkward?

Happy New Year to everyone! :)

This game was my achilles heal. I've never been able to break 80k in this one. If only RR had selected Dig Dug... :ponder:

Happy New Year!, PP is tough... the cars are sometimes hard to predict.

Dig Dug would be a fun round... I am hoping for Ms Pac-man or Centipede. :D

I really really really tried on this one, but PP 5200 kicked my butt over & over again. I think its a very well-programmed game. I wish the oncoming cars' animation was smoother though - they have the appearance of jumping back n forth sometimes because of how the graphics are programmed. Until you get used to it , it easily will mess up your timing as you try to weave between cars on left & right sides of you.

This game was my achilles heal. I've never been able to break 80k in this one. If only RR had selected Dig Dug... :ponder:

Happy New Year to you too. :)

Sorry about the PP pick. :(

I hope Dig Dug gets picked too.

IIRC you did pretty good at Dig Dug (narrow)? in the 8 bit HSC. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited by roadrunner

IIRC you did pretty good at Dig Dug (narrow)? in the 8 bit HSC. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I only wish I could've survived to play Dig Dug…

thanks to you, roadrunner, I have been able to improve my play in Dig Dug! thanks again for your strategies :) :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Good game. I'm sure it will appear in our HSC play again. :)

Happy New Year!, PP is tough... the cars are sometimes hard to predict.

Dig Dug would be a fun round... I am hoping for Ms Pac-man or Centipede. :D

In due time... ;)

Final scores:

zylon - 103,100 (NEW HSC record for MGP 8 laps)

Hey, congrats on taking the MGP 8 lap record from me! You're becoming the undisputed Pole Position master!

Thanks. We'll do this again some time. ;) I still had a bit more in the tank if we'd had more time.

I only wish I could've survived to play Dig Dug…

thanks to you, roadrunner, I have been able to improve my play in Dig Dug! thanks again for your strategies :) :thumbsup:

Your welcome, the next time we play Dig Dug in this HSC it should be a blast. :)