IGNORED

500th post contest - WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!

bcprs1

Agreed, but we all have to be careful about that whole "look a gift horse in the mouth" thing.  These guys are just doing it for fun and our benefit.

Well the prize doesn't matter to me (I'd probably give it away if it was something I already had) but I always think games, even for fun, are more fun when the rules are clearly understood.

Guys, you are reading way too much into the clues. I guess I am going to have to clarify them

1. This is a NES cart (self explanatory- the winning cart is a NES cart)

2. Atari 2600- yes, Atari 5200- no, Atari 7800- yes (many of you understood this, this is a game that is on both the 2600 and 7800, but not the 5200)

3. Cart name is almost the same (the winning cart name is close to, but not exactly the same as clue #2. Many of you have guessed carts that are on all three systems (like Ms Pac-Man), which is not correct)

Guess again

3. Cart name is almost the same (the winning cart name is close to, but not exactly the same as clue #2.  Many of you have guessed carts that are on all three systems (like Ms Pac-Man), which is not correct)

Guess again

Is the game the same as the Atari versions or is it just a similar name? Like Galaga on the 7800 is not the same game as Galaga for the 2600...

Latest guess: Sentinel (But I'm guessing you want the NES game title...)

...winning cart name is close to, but not exactly the same...on all three systems...which is not correct)

rampage-rampart.gif

ò¿ó       smiling_to_evil-smile.gif

Don't start going down this path. The answer is not that hard. Just look at all titles on both 2600 and 7800. The Dr. Mario guess is more of what I'm looking for (cart name is close to Mario Bros, but not the same)

The Dr. Mario guess is more of what I'm looking for (cart name is close to Mario Bros, but not the same)

You do know that Dr. Mario and Mario Bros. are completely different games?

Correct, but I never said the games were the same. I only said the name of the games were close.

Bionic Commando  :?:

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!!

I will getting in contact with you to get your shipping information. Congratulations!!!!!

Two of you came close by guessing Commando.

Hope you all had fun. I didn't want this to be as confusing as it ended up being. I'm not that sneaky.

Read his clues again! He clearly pointed out that the titles were not the same! Hence BIONIC Commando!!!

Indeed, but he did also imply that the game was the NES version of similarly titled Atari games. Bionic Commando is not the NES version of Atari 7800/2600 Commando, effectively ruling it out based on clue #2. The NES version of Commando is also called Commando, effectively ruling it out based on clue #3.

But compaired to "chromizones incredibly impossible contest", I have no problem with this one. I hope postamessage2 enjoys their prize.

Didn't really matter, I guess. br549bprs1, or whatever never cleared or even replied to my last post, but my upcoming guess was gonna be wrong anyway...

double_dragon-dribble.gif

I had finally gotten on the right track, but chose the wrong answer of Double Dragon/Dribble. :(

postamessage2 will thoroughly enjoy that game. It's fun an innovative. If you like it, you'll like Strider too. :)

Thanx for the contest, and the support. You really did do all you could without giving the answer away. :thumbsup:

ò¿ó        smile_to_atari.gif

• 2 weeks later...