IGNORED

ColecoVision Trading Cards with Binder!

pboland

That sounds great I look forward to getting a set. Do you have a idea yet of how much a set would cost with the binder?

I'm still trying to figure that out. I think (meaning not set in stone) the binder alone will be $30.00 plus shipping. I'm still trying to decide how much work is going in to this project which will determine the price of the cards. Right now they will be at least as much as the labels. I know I want to offer a bundle deal for buying the cards with the binder assuming I can find the card sleeves cheap enough. I'll try to get the price sorted out this weekend.

On a side note I'm toying with the idea of offering (just to the people who buy the cards by themselves) the trading cards in a special box (made of card stock). The box is just big enough to fit the 27 cards with some wiggle room. Here's what I'm thinking about (let me know what you guys think):

post-9874-0-07439700-1325890503_thumb.jpg

post-9874-0-09206300-1325890512_thumb.jpg

post-9874-0-99905200-1325890523_thumb.jpg

post-9874-0-10860300-1325890532_thumb.jpg

post-9874-0-45212700-1325890540_thumb.jpg

post-9874-0-33733500-1325890548_thumb.jpg

That's a really cool box I like that a lot! I think I might get a set with the box and a set with the binder! :lust:

That sounds great I look forward to getting a set. Do you have a idea yet of how much a set would cost with the binder?

I'm still trying to figure that out. I think (meaning not set in stone) the binder alone will be $30.00 plus shipping. I'm still trying to decide how much work is going in to this project which will determine the price of the cards. Right now they will be at least as much as the labels. I know I want to offer a bundle deal for buying the cards with the binder assuming I can find the card sleeves cheap enough. I'll try to get the price sorted out this weekend.

On a side note I'm toying with the idea of offering (just to the people who buy the cards by themselves) the trading cards in a special box (made of card stock). The box is just big enough to fit the 27 cards with some wiggle room. Here's what I'm thinking about (let me know what you guys think):

post-9874-0-07439700-1325890503_thumb.jpg

post-9874-0-09206300-1325890512_thumb.jpg

post-9874-0-99905200-1325890523_thumb.jpg

post-9874-0-10860300-1325890532_thumb.jpg

post-9874-0-45212700-1325890540_thumb.jpg

post-9874-0-33733500-1325890548_thumb.jpg

I hate you. :razz:

Just kidding! It's a great idea! ;)

Here is a picture of the updated format of the cards. Again, grey boarder was increased to allow more room for the rounded corners of the card and to allow for a small amount of text. On back, the pinkish coleco boarder is now gone making the cart the center of attention and also allowing room for a small amount of text (which can be seen in the picture). This is the finished layout. It will not be changing.

post-9874-0-33931800-1325964188_thumb.jpg

I still need to update the front of the binder a little to reflect the trading card info and I'm also looking in to the possibility of making the trading card box laminated to match the cards. If it can be done, I will do it. Even if I get the pricing up this weekend, I will not be able to ship for another week or so. More info to come.

Here is a picture of the updated format of the cards. Again, grey boarder was increased to allow more room for the rounded corners of the card and to allow for a small amount of text. On back, the pinkish coleco boarder is now gone making the cart the center of attention and also allowing room for a small amount of text (which can be seen in the picture). This is the finished layout. It will not be changing.

post-9874-0-33931800-1325964188_thumb.jpg

I still need to update the front of the binder a little to reflect the trading card info and I'm also looking in to the possibility of making the trading card box laminated to match the cards. If it can be done, I will do it. Even if I get the pricing up this weekend, I will not be able to ship for another week or so. More info to come.

They look great! and I like the box alot! can not wait to order..........

Beautiful. :) For my own series of CV trading cards, the front of the card will be mostly the same as yours, minus any kind of text. Any and all text will appear on the back of the card only.

I was supposed to work on this project today, in fact, but it's like the whole universe conspired to keep me busy all day, and now I'm just too tired to work on it. Maybe tonight, after diner... :)

I just wanted to give you guys an update. I'm waiting on some more materials which has kind of held up the project some. Also, I wasn't able to work on this as much as I hoped this past weekend. For that I apologize for the delay. I really do not want any take orders/money until after I have a few sets ready to go out. I don't want people wanting to long for something they really want. :)

More information coming soon....

By the way, what's the rounded corner measurement on your cards? 1/4 inch?

Yep. I'm using the 1/4 inch.

I did a little bit of work on my card template today, and I'll definately go with 3/8th-inch rounded corners. This will serve to distinguish our respective series of cards, but the main reason is that I prefer to keep the cards as rectangular as possible without actually having non-rounded corners.

I just wanted to give you guys an update. I'm waiting on some more materials which has kind of held up the project some. Also, I wasn't able to work on this as much as I hoped this past weekend. For that I apologize for the delay. I really do not want any take orders/money until after I have a few sets ready to go out. I don't want people wanting to long for something they really want. :)

More information coming soon....

I'm planning to order a set of cards from you, so I'll definately be keeping an eye on this forum thread. I'm not sure I'll buy the binder though, I'm leaning more towards the CV console box you made. ;)

Update time.

This project is taking a lot more time than I thought it would. Keep in mind that even though I did make a couple jigs to help with a few things, this is still pretty much a hand process. I've decided that all card sets will come with that cool ColecoVision mini box. Which by the way is now laminated just like the cards. The binder will be sold separately. To give you an idea of how long the process takes to make these, I've spent the better part of a week and a half putting together just nine sets. My wife thinks I'm worrying to much about the very small details. :( Hopefully that will make it a better product in the end.

Here's the pricing. First off, I only ship to US and Canada. If you are in Canada please PM me as the shipping costs will be different. For U.S. people in the lower 48 states. The card set is $35.00 plus $5.00 priority shipping. The Binder will be and additional $30.00 with free shipping when ordering with the cards. I will also through in three free collector card sheets when you order a binder with the cards. If you order the binder by itself it is $30.00 plus $7.00 shipping for the lower 48 states (in Canada please PM me). No collector card sheets would be included. I prefer payment via Pay Pal. PM me and I will send you an invoice.

He's the deal. I have nine card sets ready to go. If I sell all nine sets I will make nine more if the need is there, but I will not make anymore until all of the first nine sets are sold. As for the binders, I only have five ready to go at this time. Same deal with the binders. If I sell all five of the first set I will make more. This is a first come first sever sell. PM me if you want to buy. I will update this thread to reflect what is left. If you have any questions please ask. In the mean time here is a little eye candy of the project:

post-9874-0-12584800-1326733774_thumb.jpg

Stack of all nine sets of cards

post-9874-0-10677700-1326733782_thumb.jpg

Front of Cards

post-9874-0-42716900-1326733791_thumb.jpg

Back of cards

post-9874-0-66525100-1326733798_thumb.jpg

The boxed nine sets

post-9874-0-60760800-1326733805_thumb.jpg

The box stack

Edited by pboland
  • Like 1

PM sent!

The one question I have, and it pertains to your cart labels as well, is do you plan to eventually make labels and trading cards for all the Coleco made games that you haven't covered yet? I understand you have your hands full with all these projects and just keeping my fingers crossed that the other games will get the treatment as well.

PM sent!

The one question I have, and it pertains to your cart labels as well, is do you plan to eventually make labels and trading cards for all the Coleco made games that you haven't covered yet? I understand you have your hands full with all these projects and just keeping my fingers crossed that the other games will get the treatment as well.

I would like to eventually. How long that takes I don't know. A lot of that depends on getting scans of stuff I don't have. It may take some time.

BTW,

There are only Three card sets left and only Three binders left.

They are now all Gone!

If I get at least nine more people wanting to purchase a set of cards, I will make another run. So if you want a set, let me know in this thread. Once nine people decide they want a set I will make them.

Thanks to everyone who purchased this project.

They are now all Gone!

If I get at least nine more people wanting to purchase a set of cards, I will make another run. So if you want a set, let me know in this thread. Once nine people decide they want a set I will make them.

Thanks to everyone who purchased this project.

I would like a set of cards and a binder as well.

Troy

I got mine in the mail today!!! Wow! :-o that must be the fastest shipping ever!!!!! :-o World Record!!! :lol: I love them they are better than I could have imagined! :lust: :lust: :lust: :lust: :lust: I can't say how impressed I am with these! Great Job! Really hope you sell more of these because people are going to feel very left out if they miss there chance to get these and you say the run is officially over. I don't think these are going to go cheap after that, so everybody needs to get them while they can! :cool: :thumbsup: