IGNORED

ColecoVision Trading Cards with Binder!

pboland

This offer is now Closed. I have contacted everyone who is interest and I have started the final product run of this set. Big thanks for everyones support. I will hopefully start shipping orders out next week (week of 2/05/12).

I just wanted to update everyone. I have broken my corner die cutter and I will not be able to get it replace until tomorrow. I was hoping to start shipping orders this week. If I can, it will not be until later in the week (Think Thursday or Friday). With that said, Even if I miss the Thursday/Friday ship dates and can't ship until the following week, I'm still on track with the original 2 week turn around that I first stated when I took orders for this production run.

Also, just a reminder. I don't send invoices out until I'm ready to ship. Again I appreciate everyones excitement and patience on the project.

Thanks again,

pboland

Let me know if anyone drops out or doesn't pay you as I wouldn't mind getting a set with binder or without for my friend. I told him that the orders are closed and that he most likely wouldn't get one, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to throw it out there ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks and great work Phil

Let me know if anyone drops out or doesn't pay you as I wouldn't mind getting a set with binder or without for my friend. I told him that the orders are closed and that he most likely wouldn't get one, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to throw it out there ;) :thumbsup:

I may not know until after next week but, I will definitely let you know if I can help you out will a set of cards (with box) and with binder.

General note to ALL:

The end of the project is near. I'm getting shipping supplies today. I'm hoping to send invoices out either tomorrow (2/9/12) or Friday (2/10/12). Again, thanks to everyone for your support of this project.

• Like 1

I may not know until after next week but, I will definitely let you know if I can help you out will a set of cards (with box) and with binder.

General note to ALL:

The end of the project is near. I'm getting shipping supplies today. I'm hoping to send invoices out either tomorrow (2/9/12) or Friday (2/10/12). Again, thanks to everyone for your support of this project.

Sounds good and thanks a lot. I know it was a long shot but I thought I would ask :-D :thumbsup: I look forward to hearing from you

Everyone who paid before 12:00am today (EST). I just got back from dropping your packages off at the post office. If you are in Canada it may take up to a week since those package went first class mail. For those in the USA, yours went out Priority and you should get them in the next two or three biz days.

Thanks again,

pboland

Just received my cards and binder. I must say, phenomenal work. In fact I would suggest everyone to also grab the binder, as it actually makes a lot easier to access the cards (and because it is also super cool).

Thanks for the great work, pboland!

Now the million dollar question: when are we going to get series 2? Because I just cannot wait.. :D

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I guess I should try to move up the series two cards. :) I have a few hurtles to make happen for the second set however. On a similar note I've been playing around with a 30th anniversary mini folder and game ad project idea. Kind of like super size trading cards. ;) More on that later. I just wanted to say thanks for all the great feedback that you guys have said about these cards. It makes it all worth doing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a peek at the packaging for card series number two (or CV-02):

post-9874-0-46974800-1329971526_thumb.jpg

post-9874-0-87565200-1329971534_thumb.jpg

The wrappers are modeled after the old style 1980's wax paper topps wrappers. I wanted to keep the feel of those older style card packs so I came up with a name for my fictitious card company. HOTZ Super Cards Co. The wrapper itself is a little thicker than the wax wrappers but, they are laminated and have a very similar feel to them.

The card themselves are nowhere near done but, I do plan on having another 27 card set. That means the new set will come in three of these packets each one containing nine cards and two stickers. I haven't decided on what the stickers will be yet either. I will start a new topic for these once I get further along so, for now I will just post in this thread.

Edited by pboland
  • Like 3

Well, wrappers are cool idea for sure, but I'm a little worried here: If I open the wrapper to take a gander at the cards, will the wrappers be re-sealable?

Honestly, I haven't decided yet. I could use adhesive that is considered re-sealable but, they never seem to work that great. When I've collected cards in the past, once I opened the package I would fold the wrapper back up the way it came and placed it in a card sleeve to keep it. The wrapper shown in the picture is not re-sealable but, I'm still in the experimental process. Step one was to recreate the look and feel of a wax wrapper (check!). Step two is to decide if it is re-sealable or not.

Well, wrappers are cool idea for sure, but I'm a little worried here: If I open the wrapper to take a gander at the cards, will the wrappers be re-sealable?

Honestly, I haven't decided yet. I could use adhesive that is considered re-sealable but, they never seem to work that great. When I've collected cards in the past, once I opened the package I would fold the wrapper back up the way it came and placed it in a card sleeve to keep it. The wrapper shown in the picture is not re-sealable but, I'm still in the experimental process. Step one was to recreate the look and feel of a wax wrapper (check!). Step two is to decide if it is re-sealable or not.

A ZipLock style wrapper would be ideal, although I don't know if it's possible/affordable to do, especially in small quantities.

This is why I wanted to use standard hard plastic card containers for my own series of CV trading cards. They look good, protect well, and you can buy them in any comic book shop.

A ZipLock style wrapper would be ideal, although I don't know if it's possible/affordable to do, especially in small quantities.

This is why I wanted to use standard hard plastic card containers for my own series of CV trading cards. They look good, protect well, and you can buy them in any comic book shop.

Well, I look forward to your CV trading card set. For what I'm able to do, the idea of the ziplock wrapper is just not affordable. Quite honestly at this point, I don't see the re-sealable wrapper thing as worrisome as you do. What I'm trying to do is make these feel like a product (as best I can) from the time period. A ziplock style wrapper (as cool as the idea is) just doesn't feel period to me. I can supply a small fit to size ziplock bag to put your wrapper in if you like. I will say, at this point I'm not leaning toward the re-sealable route. But, that could change.

Well, I look forward to your CV trading card set.

My trading card project has been postponed indefinately, mostly because I have 11 ColecoVision games on my release schedule this year, and because I won't have any time to put on such a project in the years to come. So feel free to use plastic cases for your own series if you want. :)

For what I'm able to do, the idea of the ziplock wrapper is just not affordable. Quite honestly at this point, I don't see the re-sealable wrapper thing as worrisome as you do. What I'm trying to do is make these feel like a product (as best I can) from the time period. A ziplock style wrapper (as cool as the idea is) just doesn't feel period to me. I can supply a small fit to size ziplock bag to put your wrapper in if you like. I will say, at this point I'm not leaning toward the re-sealable route. But, that could change.

It's really up to you. All I'm saying is that wrappers "from that time period" were meant to be thrown away after being opened. That's not something I would want to do with your wrappers. Having non-resealable wrappers means that I would have to keep the cards and wrappers separately, and I just don't like the idea of keeping a somewhat useless piece of wax paper in a drawer, just for the heck of it. I want to collect cards, not useless wrappers. Having a re-sealable wrapper would have been a good solution. Keep the wrapper and cards in a slightly larger ZipLock bag is a good solution too, I suppose, but it seems like overkill to me.

Very very impressed - these look very cool.

I share some of Pixelboy's sentiments around resealability. Although, I would probably end up keeping the wrapper separate from the cards anyway just to stop the wrapper from getting damaged from repeatedly removing and inserting the card. Or would the wrapper completely open out to access the cards? If the cards are a snug fit then it would be a good idea for the wrapper to be completely unsealed and fully unwrappable.