Photo

ColecoVision Trading Cards with Binder!

Trading Cards

114 replies to this topic

#101 opcode OFFLINE  

opcode

River Patroller

• 3,200 posts
  • Bringing new life to your ColecoVision!

Posted Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:32 AM

That is why I think the binder was/is a must. I am glad that I got one. When I get the new series I can simply save the wrappers somewhere and place all the cards in the binder...

#102 pboland OFFLINE  

pboland

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,077 posts

Posted Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:23 AM

Cool only $1.50 each! $4.50 for the set, can`t beat that.... :grin:

If you look closely at that wrapper again, you will notice that is a advertisement for my replacement colecovision cart labels. Not the cost of the cards. ;)

That is why I think the binder was/is a must. I am glad that I got one. When I get the new series I can simply save the wrappers somewhere and place all the cards in the binder...

Opcode has the right idea.

Shown here are some wrappers from the 1980's in the sleeves I've had them in for about 15 plus years. You could store them flat if you like. Back in the day I would put the wrappers in a large book for a week or so and them put the flatted wrapper in a sheet protecter in my cards binder.

The wrappers that I'm making are thicker then the older wax wrappers but, I'm still able to get them to fit (with a little force) in a card sleeve sheet. If it's that large of an issue, I could supply flat (unfolded) wrappers for collectors (for a small additional charge). See pics below. Also you can see where the inspiration came from for the new CV-02 wrappers.

cardsheet1.jpg

cardsheet2.jpg

#103 pboland OFFLINE  

pboland

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,077 posts

Posted Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:20 PM

Even though I'm keeping the main part of the wrapper the same, I do plan I having three different ads on them. The first one has an ad for my reproduction cart labels. The second one has an ad for my ColecoVision Game Posters and the Third is just a fun ad for the Hotz trading cards themselves. Here's a pic (and you can see what the flat wraps look like).

allthreewraps.jpg

#104 NIAD OFFLINE  

NIAD

River Patroller

• 4,427 posts

Posted Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:17 PM

Again, you amaze me with your considerable talents. I have one question and one suggestion....

:arrow: Will you be including a stick of gum inside each package like they used to do with baseball cards! :grin: ;) :grin:

:arrow: For all those concerned about the wrapper, may I suggest buying two complete sets. One to open and appreciate the contents and the other to leave sealed. :P

#105 pboland OFFLINE  

pboland

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,077 posts

Posted Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:47 PM

Again, you amaze me with your considerable talents. I have one question and one suggestion....

:arrow: Will you be including a stick of gum inside each package like they used to do with baseball cards! :grin: ;) :grin:

Believe it or not, I was considering this once I figured out how to make the wrappers. The reason I'm not is because of what you just stated here:

:arrow: For all those concerned about the wrapper, may I suggest buying two complete sets. One to open and appreciate the contents and the other to leave sealed. :P

If I put gum in the package, I don't want people to feel they need to open the package to get it out. I have considered putting a bubble gum scented sticker in the pack to give it that memorable smell but, part of me says that is over kill.

#106 the-topdog OFFLINE  

the-topdog

Stargunner

• 1,724 posts

Posted Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:32 PM

Here's a peek at the packaging for card series number two (or CV-02):

Please put me down for a set of CV-02... I lived the originals with the binder... these will be awesome with that 80's bublegum card look.

#107 ghsqb OFFLINE  

ghsqb

Dragonstomper

• 684 posts

Posted Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:56 PM

Wow, so pissed that I missed this!
What an awesome project.

If any other sets of CV-01 are ever produced again in the future, I am in. I don't care what price they are.

#108 RelliK111 OFFLINE  

RelliK111

Stargunner

• 1,066 posts

Posted Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:09 PM

What an awesome project.

If any other sets of CV-01 are ever produced again in the future, I am in. I don't care what price they are.

There awesome that's for sure ;) :thumbsup: Unfortunately he's not going to do any reprints of old series, your best bet would be to try to find someone on AA who wants to sell or trade a set.

#109 ghsqb OFFLINE  

ghsqb

Dragonstomper

• 684 posts

Posted Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:54 PM

What an awesome project.

There awesome that's for sure ;) :thumbsup: Unfortunately he's not going to do any reprints of old series, your best bet would be to try to find someone on AA who wants to sell or trade a set.

That's a great idea!
I'll mention it here first then...
If anyone here picked up an extra set to sell, or for trade bait...you've got a fish on the hook.
I will buy or trade for a set...just send me a PM and we will see if we can make a deal. :)

#110 RelliK111 OFFLINE  

RelliK111

Stargunner

• 1,066 posts

Posted Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:06 PM

What an awesome project.

That's a great idea!
I'll mention it here first then...
If anyone here picked up an extra set to sell, or for trade bait...you've got a fish on the hook.
I will buy or trade for a set...just send me a PM and we will see if we can make a deal. :)

What do you have to trade?

#111 SiLic0ne t0aD85 ONLINE  

SiLic0ne t0aD85

Dragonstomper

• 586 posts

Posted Thu Jan 2, 2014 9:32 PM

Are these still being made? I'd love a binder at least, I'd definitely stick all my ColecoVision manuals in there ;-)

#112 jblenkle OFFLINE  

jblenkle

River Patroller

• 2,760 posts

Posted Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:21 PM

Holy Crap!

http://www.ebay.com/...43147623&_rdc=1

#113 adamcon ONLINE  

adamcon

Chopper Commander

• 165 posts

Posted Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:07 PM

C'mon Joe, surely you have seen rellik's auctions before.  I don't know who he thinks he is kidding, but i really don't think he is fooling anyone or getting any buyers at his prices.

#114 jblenkle OFFLINE  

jblenkle

River Patroller

• 2,760 posts

Posted Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:31 PM

Yes, I've seen them...I just find it unbelievable that he tries to sell them for that much...or that anyone would ever buy them.

C'mon Joe, surely you have seen rellik's auctions before.  I don't know who he thinks he is kidding, but i really don't think he is fooling anyone or getting any buyers at his prices.

#115 river9999uk OFFLINE  

river9999uk

Chopper Commander

• 133 posts

Posted Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:50 AM

Ohh these are nice. Any chance or a re-release ?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Trading Cards

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users