Photo

Two new versions of released games (Malibu Bikin and Road Riot)

Check out these screeshots

10 replies to this topic

#1 EricDeLee OFFLINE  

EricDeLee

Quadrunner

• 5,818 posts

Posted Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:42 PM

I haven't fooled around with this too much, but check out the Screenshots I have for Malibu Bikini that are new...
I haven't played this game much, so I don't know what is too different compared to the released version. Some of it is different (especially in the attract screens).
Malibu Bikini VB-DEBUG.JPG
malibu new screen.JPG
Malibu Bikini VB-DEBUG title screen.JPG

As for Road Riot... I am going to spend some extra time with it right now. It appears that I have a version where the stupid vecichle doesn't flip at every single bump (which is awesome) and I think the controls were changed. I'll get more info on that later.

Attached File  Road riot(different).zip   148.96KB   173 downloads
Attached File  Malibu-Debug.zip   161.28KB   258 downloads

Road Riot appears to be different (starting on the different part of the screen, roads appear different, etc).
Enjoy the files and load them up in Handy (or your flashcarts...)

(Merry Christmas!---even if it is a tad late)

Edited by EricDeLee, Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:26 PM.

#2 EricDeLee OFFLINE  

EricDeLee

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,818 posts

Posted Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:27 PM

I added the files... I hope you all enjoy!

#3 Atari Smeghead OFFLINE  

Atari Smeghead

Stargunner

• 1,162 posts
  • Driving Crazy-available everywhere books are sold

Posted Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:05 PM

I've downloaded them and I'll Flashcard them to see what's what. Thanks for sharing!

So where did you find them? Are these more cool protos carts you've bought? You sure do have the Midas touch in finding the unique ones!

Cheers,
Smeg

#4 Atari_afternoon OFFLINE  

Atari_afternoon

Dragonstomper

• 551 posts

Posted Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:30 PM

Thank you VERY much :) Most interested in Road Riot since this is one of my fave games anyway. Will write more soon.

#5 sage OFFLINE  

sage

Dragonstomper

• 976 posts

Posted Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:48 PM

If I look at the timestamps on my harddisk, yes, its a bit late :-)

#6 Atari_afternoon OFFLINE  

Atari_afternoon

Dragonstomper

• 551 posts

Posted Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:14 PM

Both play well in Handy . Thanks again.
I find RR especially interesting. Different intro, different music BUT only one and the same song throughout qualification and at least one further track - whilst the other version has different tunes for every track. Also no sounds other than a (new) growl.
really interesting. Need to play through more races. The steering is not that different, more important to me is, just like in the well-known version, you are NOT thrown out of curves when you accelerate, which I have always found unlike most other racing games. Once you get used to this you can manage the other buggies with some practice pretty well. I find RR easier than Checkered Flag.
Thanks again. How did you come by them? or did you reprogram them yourself a bit? Like exchanging the music track? Just curious.

Oh, by the way, is there any other way to get a copy/the ROm of the alternative version of Super Asteroids/Missile Command still?

#7 EricDeLee OFFLINE  

EricDeLee

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,818 posts

Posted Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:39 AM

Hmm... I wanted to add this to the first post, but can't seem to edit now.
Here's another different version of Road Riot.

In this one you push the gas with a different button and you fire bullets with the Up Directional Pad. Other than that... I'm not sure what is different. Have fun!

(I've enjoyed these version on my computer for a while now, and kind of forgot about them. They came from previous protos I received years ago. There protos are still in my small Lynx collection)

I'm debating about releasing the alternate Daemonsgate version. I haven't made up my mind on that one yet.

#8 EricDeLee OFFLINE  

EricDeLee

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 5,818 posts

Posted Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:41 AM

Okay... I'll try this again since I forgot to attach: Another alternate version of Road Riot.

In this one you push the gas with a different button and you fire bullets with the Up Directional Pad. Other than that... I'm not sure what is different. Have fun!
Attached File  Road Riot (another different).zip   146.26KB   129 downloads

#9 Atari_afternoon OFFLINE  

Atari_afternoon

Dragonstomper

• 551 posts

Posted Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:36 PM

Looking forward to playing it!

#10 rygar OFFLINE  

rygar

Chopper Commander

• 240 posts

Posted Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:59 PM

Eric your treasures always impress me!
And thank you for sharing this with us !

#11 16BitMan OFFLINE  

16BitMan

Space Invader

• 33 posts

Posted Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:35 PM

I remember seeing a preview for Malibu in Game Zone magazine back in the day that showed that title screen except it was called "Malibu Bikini Beach Volleyball"

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users