Photo

Working on a Tapper cocktail machine

2 replies to this topic

#1 ThunderFist OFFLINE  

ThunderFist

Star Raider

• 68 posts

Posted Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:33 PM

This game has worked great since I got it last month with one exception - when I plug it up, I am greeted with the error message "SOUND BOARD BOARD TIMEOUT". From what I've read, that requires a chip on the sound board to be either reseated or replaced, which would be simple enough except that I'm not sure of the best way to get to the boards. On the opposite side from the coin door, it looks like that whole side is supposed to open up, as it has hinges on the side, but I'm not certain of the best way to open that side without damaging the cabinet. If anyone has experience with Midway cocktail cabinets, they seem to be pretty much the same, so I would appreciate any help anyone can provide. It seems like it will be easy once I'm able to get to the boards.

#2 mike99mccarthy OFFLINE  

mike99mccarthy

Chopper Commander

• 138 posts

Posted Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:47 PM

The best bet would be to look for a youtube video of someone opening a similar cocktail cabinet. My Pacman cocktail hinged over like that very easily.

#3 jcleverly OFFLINE  

jcleverly

Star Raider

• 53 posts

Posted Sat Jan 7, 2012 10:37 PM

if you reach inside the coin door, on the top of the inside part of the cabinet that the coin door is on, there are two latches. unlatch those, and the whole back side as well as the top/monitor will swing down pretty heavy, giving you access.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users