IGNORED

Lynx HSC 2012 Round 1 Paperboy

roadrunner

The Round 1 game is Paperboy

post-22103-0-92700400-1325417009_thumb.png post-22103-0-42389700-1325417035_thumb.png

Settings - Easy Street (default)

The All Time Lynx HSC Record is 112,820 by Horst

atari2600land had kindly handed me the keys to the Lynx HSC. :)

I want to thank him for all his hard work running this HSC the last few years. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :)

Deadline to post scores is Feb 1st 2012

Any control setup is fine.

Emulation is ok.

Savestates are not allowed.

Screenshots are great but not mandatory.

Final High Scores -

1. PFG 9000 68,710 +11 points

2. Atari_afternoon 64,795 +10 points

3. Tempest2k 53,260 +9 points

4. roadrunner 34,035 +8 points

any corrections please post

Edited by roadrunner

• 2 weeks later...

;)

RR i have another question to you.

Well you as our new mod for the LYnx HSC, the all-time Highscres, can i beat it every time and it counts or only in this month whos play the game???

Good question, a record has to be broken during the month a game was played for it to count as an all time record.

Dscf5796.jpg

I didn't think I'd have much time this month to play. I guess there's one good thing about staying home sick. :)

Was Horst's record definitely done on Easy? Even with a perfect game, I have a hard time seeing a score get that high on Easy, where there's no points multiplier.

Dscf5796.jpg

I didn't think I'd have much time this month to play. I guess there's one good thing about staying home sick. :)

Was Horst's record definitely done on Easy? Even with a perfect game, I have a hard time seeing a score get that high on Easy, where there's no points multiplier.

Yeah, i'm pretty sure.

Here's the screenshot he posted back in May 2008

Maybe he can give us some tips. :)

post-22103-0-00555300-1327773796_thumb.jpg

Wow. He really must have smashed EVERY window, kicked down EVERY pedestrian, every dustbin and hit EVERY aim in the parcours at the end of the day, and not failed to have delivered every single paper, plus won a few more abonnennts.

I usually run out of papers sometimes in the middle of a track or crash against parcours obstacles, as a result of which the parcours is over, and I don´t think I´ve won a new customer at all but instead lost 1 or 2 each day. Such a shame when you come to a customer and have no more papers left because you wanted to kick down all dustbins before lol

Still 3 days left but I doubt I can make even those comparatively meagre 4000 more to win back my 1 1/2 weeks January number 1 status lol ;)

I LOVE this game! Yes my score was set on Easy street. You need to smash every window you can, get every paper in every letterbox every single throw, have a perfect delivery every day so you can gain an extra customer each day and complete the obstacle course every day. Oh and don't die :) It helps if you can memorize where your paper bundles are and have no papers left in your bag (smash stuff with them) just as you pick up a new bundle. Also you really need to memorize where your subscriber houses are(not so easy). There's nothing worse than getting a lot of points smashing things only to come to a subscriber and not have any papers left :( If you want to beat 112,000 you will need at least a perfect delivery every day of the week. Higher scores are possible on the harder courses but it takes more practice time than I had. On easy street you can go as slow as you like without any tornadoes trying to kill you, less grim reapers too haha good luck!

Edited by Horst
  • Like 1