IGNORED

Atari 2600 Knockout Round 1: H.E.R.O.

JacobZu7zu7

Me too. I would have kept playing HERO after I got my 74+ score on Wednesday. I waited to post it today. Maybe you should start the point system next week.

No problem, here's what will happen, I'll leave this open until Saturday.... the KO 1st round will end in 30 mins...but the High Scoring will extend untill Friday. 13th 11:59PM.

WE NOW WILL HAVE RANKINGS AND POINTS, OH MY!

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

I don't know, should you add the ranking system this time around? I thought the point was to just knock the lowest out and leave it at that.

I agree with Stan. The basic KO format sounded great to me. Players are trying to NOT be at the bottom instead of trying to be at the top. Its an interesting and slight twist. With this format I think players at or near the bottom are incentivised to keep playing and pracitcing so as not to be eliminated. I think this raises the average of the competitors as a whole. Other than the zero score, look at how many close scores are in the 60-70k range this week.

I don't know, should you add the ranking system this time around? I thought the point was to just knock the lowest out and leave it at that.

That's how it will remain. Point system is just on the side, and won't determine the ultimate winner. The reason for a point system is to give people who have been eliminated a reason to play. If you choose to not take it seriously, that's fine.

• Like 1

That's how it will remain. Point system is just on the side, and won't determine the ultimate winner. The reason for a point system is to give people who have been eliminated a reason to play. If you choose to not take it seriously, that's fine.

I have to agree with Zoyx... with 20+ players we will be here for a while... and getting cutt 2nd or 3rd round,

will be pretty unsatisfying to be "out".... as they will have nothing to shoot for this winter.

If there was only like 10 players entered, it would be different.

The contest will pick up, in the next few weeks... the knockout is still the main focus... and will look

pretty much the same, just open to everyone to play for points.

There will be a asterik and font change to indicate any player going for high score... that is NOT

included in the Knockout.

I have to agree with Zoyx... with 20+ players we will be here for a while... and getting cutt 2nd or 3rd round,

will be pretty unsatisfying to be "out".... as they will have nothing to shoot for this winter.

If there was only like 10 players entered, it would be different.

The contest will pick up, in the next few weeks... the knockout is still the main focus... and will look

pretty much the same, just open to everyone to play for points.

There will be a asterik and font change to indicate any player going for high score... that is NOT

included in the Knockout.

Yeah, I agree, this way it will keep interest for all the players for all the weeks. On to Raft Rider!

• Like 2

Back from the River - 69,100. Now I get points!

post-29468-0-04064900-1326324453_thumb.jpg

106,350... more points!

I had to emulate because my daughter's Girl Scout meeting has taken over the living room.

I'll buy mint chocolate chip please! Next meeting, you can start a "Girl Scout Knockout" game contest... ;)

LAST NIGHT TO PLAY H.E.R.O. for points + ranking.

11:59PM FRIDAY (EST)

• 1 year later...

I know this challenge is long dead... but I just submitted an official score with playthrough of 166,070 for H.E.R.O. to ScoreGround.com. ScoreGround is a new TwinGalaxies-like site that uses YouTube playthrough videos as verification. Check it out, if you think you can beat me:

http://www.scoreground.com/scores/game/game-part/?system=Atari%202600&game=H.E.R.O.&game_part

That playthrough was captured via:

Atari 2600jr (with real 2600 controller) --> VCR ---> Elgato USB capture device

I know this challenge is long dead... but I just submitted an official score with playthrough of 166,070 for H.E.R.O. to ScoreGround.com. ScoreGround is a new TwinGalaxies-like site that uses YouTube playthrough videos as verification. Check it out, if you think you can beat me:

http://www.scoregrou....R.O.&game_part

That playthrough was captured via:

Atari 2600jr (with real 2600 controller) --> VCR ---> Elgato USB capture device

Very good! Congrats!

I have a video too but it was played with the keyboard on stella...

I did some minor editing because I couldn't upload more than 15 minutes at that time.