IGNORED

5200 HSC Season 4 Round 23: QIX

zylon

For Jacob, if you press the other button, you can draw a slower line (identified by being a brown color) and it nets more points.. obviously, it's a risk/reward type of situation, but I couldn't help but notice that all your sections are colored blue... which is identified with drawing fast lines... an idea to squeeze some more points! your scores are looking great! :thumbsup:

Edited by Sonic R
  • Like 1

For Jacob, if you press the other button, you can draw a slower line (identified by being a brown color) and it nets more points.. obviously, it's a risk/reward type of situation, but I couldn't help but notice that all your sections are colored blue... which is identified with drawing fast lines... an idea to squeeze some more points! your scores are looking great! :thumbsup:

Agreed. I'd go a step further and recommend reading the manual scan here on AA. It really helped my game last time we played this one.

Thanks you two...

I just read the manual at AA, and yeah!... now I know why some of you guys squares are orange and not blue lol.

I wondered how you guys get the block colors orange like that.

Strange as it is, the gameplay tips are a lot like what I figured out myself. To split the Qix, I build blocks on top and bottom,

then quickly draw a line between them, (when the qix seperate into opposite sides) works best for me.

I think for big points risking splitting the QIX 3 or 4 times, before blocking off both of them... gets me the 150/200ks.

peedenmark7 - there aren't any bombs. That fuse will kill you if you don't quickly complete drawing a box!

Seems I can activate it though.. that or its during some herky-jerky movement and thats why its firing up and killing me. I thought that it could be used against the things thats cycle through the maze after you.

Fun game nonetheless !

I was only a few inches away from crushing the Qix record before the pressure got to me (really)... didn't help playing Missile Command and the new Pacman arcade ver in the 8-bit HSC first - back to back that's probably the most intense 8-bit gaming session going!!!

441,644 :)

post-19705-0-24921800-1326409224.jpg

After this round closes, there will be only the "Knockout" running with the remaining 4 active players. Others may play along, but scores wouldn't count towards advancement.

I'm currently "done" with both games and am enjoying a couple days rest.

This round, and the season have now come to a close. Congrats to trbb for the win in our final round. :thumbsup:

Thanks to all who played and made this season a success and helped our HSC grow. Hope you will all rejoin us for season 5. :)

FINAL scores:

441,644 trbb +11

385,922 Cafeman +10

244,567 sdamon +9

214,412 JacobZu7zu7 +8

183,176 atariron82 +7

136,624 peedenmark7 +6

123,490 zylon +5

112,434 Sonic R +4

87,800 Roadrunner +3