IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2012 (Season 5)

Here's the summary for Week 10, running from March 5 - 11. We logged 2476 minutes of eligible play, playing 21 games on a total of 12 systems.

Top 10:

1. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 918

2. Trampoline Terror (Genesis) - 258

3. Pinball Fantasies (Atari Jaguar) - 227

4. SteamRoller (ColecoVision) - 194

5. Ms. Pac-Man (C64) - 150

5. Qbillion (Game Boy) - 150

7. Legend of Wukong (Genesis) - 139

8. PBA Bowling (Intellivision) - 50

9. Galaxian (Atari 8-bit) - 45

9. Pinball Jam (Atari Lynx) - 45

9. Rampage (Atari Lynx) - 45

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 918

2. SteamRoller (ColecoVision) - 194

3. Ms. Pac-Man (C64) - 150

4. PBA Bowling (Intellivision) - 50

5. Galaxian (Atari 8-bit) - 45

6. Antarctic Adventure (ColecoVision) - 42

7. Donkey Kong (Atarisoft) (C64) - 30

7. Donkey Kong (Ocean) (C64) - 30

7. Pac-Man (C64) - 30

7. Pengo (Atari 5200) - 30

Top 10 systems:

1. Atari 2600 (938)

2. Genesis (419)

3. C64 (240)

4. ColecoVision (236)

5. Atari Jaguar (227)

6. Game Boy (150)

7. Atari Lynx (90)

8. Atari 8-bit (55)

9. Intellivision (50)

10. Atari 5200 (30)

If only Marvin the Martian had come to this thread, he wouldn't have needed an Illudium Q-36 explosive space modulator, 'cause we've got plenty of Kaboom right here!

• Like 1

Here are my times for this past week (March 12th through 18th)...

Arcade

Bosconian - 50 min. in 2 sessions

Colecovision

Steamroller - 207 min. in 2 sessions

Commodore 64

Park Patrol - 27 min.

Total playing time: 284 min. (41 min. per day)

These are all games I've played before. In "Steamroller" I made my goal of reaching the typical Activision patch score of 35,000 points. In Park Patrol, I didn't even play a complete game since it would have gone on for much longer again... I just stopped it when I got to 9 spare lives and it wouldn't go higher.

Then I played "Bosconian" because that's a quite hard game even though it doesn't seem like that at first. But it didn't catch my attention for too long. At the moment, I can't think of another game I'd like to play which is actually a good thing since it means that I get to do other things instead. Anyway, the speech output of "Bosconian" inspired me to do some speech on the TI-99 which you can find in the TI-99 programming forum in the thread "Emulation problems".

My times for the week:

Atari 8-bit:

Beach-Head - 69 min.

NES:

Stinger - 41 min.

Genesis:

Jewel Master - 65 min.

Legend of Wukong - 90 min.

Game Boy:

Qbillion - 24 min.

Dreamcast:

Blue Stinger - 39 min.

POD Speedzone - 45 min.

Wacky Races - 29 min.

Worms World Party - 80 min.

Beat Beach-Head! Fun game; comments here.

Like Stinger for NES (a nifty shooter wih a great co-op mode), Beach-Head was played via emulation on the Dreamcast, which got a lot of play this week. Of the four "proper" Dreamcast games I played, Blue Stinger was by far the least fun -- the unskippable cut scenes and confusing mission objectives are aggravating.

Wacky Races was quite a bit more enjoyable, with the other two DC games falling somewhere in between. I played Worms World Party in its one-player "mission" mode, which is plagued with loading times and annoying waits.

Otherwise it was a week of incremental progress -- six levels beaten in Qbillion, one cave cleared in Wukong -- plus some time spent with Jewel Master, a promising platformer that feels more like an extension of the 8-bit era (e.g. Astyanax or Shadow of the Ninja), rather than resembling the aesthetics of later 16-bit games.

• Like 1

This will be my last one for a while. It isn't even from this week. It's from a couple weeks ago within that same week where I didn't even think to post anything because of all the stuff I've been going through.

Genesis:

Sonic 3 & Knuckles - 655 minutes

Sonic 1 & Knuckles [aka Blue Sphere] - 113 minutes

and that was it for that week besides some PS2 gaming. From that week forward I haven't had time to play anything.

Here's the summary for Week 11, running from March 12 - 18. We logged 3566 minutes of eligible play, playing 32 games on a total of 14 systems.

Top 10:

1. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 962

2. Sonic 3 & Knuckles (Genesis) - 655

3. Donkey Kong (Atari 7800) - 280

4. Pac-Man Collection (Atari 7800) - 250

5. SteamRoller (ColecoVision) - 207

6. Galaxian (Atari 8-bit) - 180

7. Sonic 1 & Knuckles [aka Blue Sphere] (Genesis) - 113

8. Legend of Wukong (Genesis) - 90

9. Worms World Party (Dreamcast) - 80

10. Beach-Head (Atari 8-bit) - 69

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 962

2. Donkey Kong (Atari 7800) - 280

3. Pac-Man Collection (Atari 7800) - 250

4. SteamRoller (ColecoVision) - 207

5. Galaxian (Atari 8-bit) - 180

6. Beach-Head (Atari 8-bit) - 69

7. Bosconian (Arcade) - 50

8. Ms. Pac-Man (C64) - 45

9. Pengo (Atari 5200) - 40

10. Missile Command (Atari 2600) - 35

Top 10 systems:

1. Atari 2600 (997)

2. Genesis (923)

3. Atari 7800 (550)

4. Atari 8-bit (249)

5. ColecoVision (207)

6. Dreamcast (193)

7. C64 (122)

8. NES/Famicom (71)

9. Atari 5200 (65)

10. Arcade (50)

10. Turbografx-16 (50)

A robust week of gaming! The reigning champion retains the top spot, as Kaboom and the VCS hold on to #1 despite a strong challenge from the Sega Genesis.

• Like 1

This will be my last one for a while. It isn't even from this week. It's from a couple weeks ago within that same week where I didn't even think to post anything because of all the stuff I've been going through.

:( I hope things get better soon.

Thanks. I'm selling off the majority of my collection to get enough money not to go homeless. I'm halfway to my financial goal of $5000.

Here are my times for this past week:

Atari 2600

Frantic (WIP) - 30 minutes

Pressure Cooker - 44 minutes

Colecovision

Steamroller - 78 minutes in 2 sessions

Commodore 64

Rock n' Bolt - 18 minutes

Total playing time: 170 minutes (24 minutes per day)

It hasn't been a big week for gaming, in part because I couldn't think of any new games I would want to play.

In "Steamroller", I again reached the typical Activision patch score of 35,000 points. Then I replayed Pressure Cooker, where I didn't get too far.

Rock n' Bolt is a game I haven't played since back in the day, but it's not as exciting as I thought it was.

Finally, I played "Frantic", which by now is pretty much playable. It's a new port of "Frenzy" and "Berzerk" to the Atari 2600. Yes, Berzerk has been done before, but this new version has multicolored sprites and supports multiple robots in the same scanline.

Edited by Kurt_Woloch

:( I hope things get better soon.

Thanks. I'm selling off the majority of my collection to get enough money not to go homeless. I'm halfway to my financial goal of $5000.

If I had any money I'd buy it off you. :(

My times for the week:

Vectrex:

Vector Pilot - 17 min.

Genesis:

Genghis Khan II: Clan of the Gray Wolf - 485 min.

Legend of Wukong - 525 min.

Jewel Master - 89 min.

Dreamcast:

Wacky Races - 82 min.

Finished Legend of Wukong this week. I suspect most of us pick up the pace once we realize we're close to the end of an RPG, and I'm no exception. After what happened with Star Odyssey, I was vaguely paranoid that my save battery would crap out towards the end of the game, but I made it through with no problems.

The last phase of the game was mostly quite easy, and the bosses were total pushovers, but I still basically enjoyed the game. I've written some further thoughts here.

Then this weekend, my girlfriend and I played two lengthy sessions of Genghis Khan II. At first we were overwhelmed by the array of options, which is pretty typical for a Koei title, but by the end of the first session we were getting the hang of it, and our second session hummed along nicely. Alas, both times we played, things ended with her army getting overrun by invaders and her leader getting offed (though in the second session, at least she had a successor to take over). Still, it was great fun and it felt good to finally try out one of my Koei games, most of which have been sitting on the shelf since I bought them.

Otherwise, I made steady progress in the other games I played, unlocking content in Wacky Races and Vector Pilot (which is as great as ever), and reaching the last level for the first time in Jewel Master, which has lived up to my expectations and turns out to be an excellent action-platformer. It's the kind of game where you make it just a bit further every time you play.

• Like 1

Here's the summary for Week 12, running from March 19 - 25. We logged 2763 minutes of eligible play, playing 18 games on a total of 11 systems.

Top 10:

1. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 695

2. Legend of Wukong (Genesis) - 525

3. Genghis Khan II: Clan of the Gray Wolf (Genesis) - 485

4. Galaxian (Atari 8-bit) - 255

5. Frenzy (ColecoVision) - 240

6. Jewel Master (Genesis) - 89

7. Wacky Races (Dreamcast) - 82

8. SteamRoller (ColecoVision) - 78

9. Bubsy in Fractured Furry Tales (Atari Jaguar) - 60

10. Galaxian (Atari 5200) - 50

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 695

2. Galaxian (Atari 8-bit) - 255

3. Frenzy (ColecoVision) - 240

4. SteamRoller (ColecoVision) - 78

5. Galaxian (Atari 5200) - 50

6. Pressure Cooker (Atari 2600) - 44

7. Pole Position (Atari 5200) - 35

8. Frantic (Atari 2600) - 30

9. Space Dungeon (Atari 5200) - 20

10. Rock n' Bolt (C64) - 18

Top 10 systems:

1. Genesis (1099)

2. Atari 2600 (769)

3. ColecoVision (318)

4. Atari 8-bit (255)

5. Atari 5200 (105)

6. Dreamcast (82)

7. Atari Jaguar (60)

8. Atari Lynx (25)

9. C64 (18)

10. Vectrex (17)

While Kaboom retains the top spot on the individual charts, a pair of Asian excursions lead the Sega Genesis to the #1 system position.

Legend of Wukong is also our newest member of the 1000-minute club, with 1227 minutes of gameplay to date. Atari 5200's Galaxian is also getting close, with a little over 900 minutes so far...

• Like 1