IGNORED

Skycopter II & Speedster II

ACrystal2011

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to Beta phase games to try to rejuvenate those 2 buried games but it is clear that they don't offer any challenge except if you're 4 yo.

It can worth it if you have young children but personnaly that's all the interest I see in those 2 games and it can't hurt adding 2 more games to the Jaguar as long as collectors don't speculate again on them and I doubt they won't a soon as the game is sold out...

Sorry to write that but I am afraid some will buy 4 copies of each just to wait 6 months to make easy money because those games are extremely rare, even if I already saw in the past that few people were on eBay ready to spend $250 for no interest games...

Edited by Felyx

• 1 month later...
are these going to be complete boxed reproductions?

I doubt it as you'd need an electric rocking horse, a monitor covered with grime, a vandalised cash collecting box and a long line of extremely bored children to reproduce the originals.

• Like 4

• 2 years later...

they werent repros, dan was selling originals that were bought at an auction when the company was shut down. im sure he still has some for sale as we havent really announced it as available to buy.

we also acuired a license although repros haven't really entered the picture as we still haven't officially begun selling the originals. we may not actually sell repro carts but rather a disc with all the known versions (we acquired some rather unique master copies) for people to try on a skunkboard.

not sure what precise plans are yet but i think the originals are the most desirable (especially from a collectors standpoint since there aren't really that many) but i think we found some other interesting stuff that might be worth buying on a disc and trying out at the right price.

Edited by Willard

I can't see the point of physical carts repros (or even ROM images) for these, huh, "games". It's not as if anyone would play them anyways: they have terrible gameplay, graphics and music, and the whole experience is completely pointless (if you don't believe me, watch the recordings on YouTube -- and when you're done, don't complain about it being worse than watching paint dry).

The only thing that makes the original carts somewhat collectible is that they're rare and a piece of the Jag's history.

• Like 2

they werent repros, dan was selling originals that were bought at an auction when the company was shut down. im sure he still has some for sale as we havent really announced it as available to buy.

we also acuired a license although repros haven't really entered the picture as we still haven't officially begun selling the originals. we may not actually sell repro carts but rather a disc with all the known versions (we acquired some rather unique master copies) for people to try on a skunkboard.

not sure what precise plans are yet but i think the originals are the most desirable (especially from a collectors standpoint since there aren't really that many) but i think we found some other interesting stuff that might be worth buying on a disc and trying out at the right price.

Ah, I didn't know they were originals. I thought they were kind of pricy, but just assumed reproduction since there was a pile of them. I guess that explains the lack of labels/etc.. I remember thinking to myself "for $100 you think it would have a label" lol

• 2 years later...

I'm not gonna lie, these may be ridiculous to seek as a "gamer", but I kinda treat my Jaguar collection like comic books or a TCG. I might go for alternate versions like I would alternate covers for comics, or cards I wouldn't nessicerily use much in a deck to have the set. Speedster and Skycopter would be fun to seek out and add to the already obscure library, so I wouldn't mind finding them eventually.

AKA, what remo said.