Took me a short while to find the right settings:

800XL

LLE Kernal

NTSC
VBXE
VBXE memory
No Artifacting
Standard Video

Amazing conversion - seems 100% authentic. I did play the coin-op a lot, so it appears the same, even though I've only played one game and didn't get that far.
I guess this is the only way we'll ever see Galaga running. Must have been a lot of work to get this Moon Cresta up and running?

Yea, it's really well done.  I watched a YouTube of the original - I remember it when new, but it's been so long since I played it...this is a very accurate version.

Have to say, I'm not loving Altirra though.  I can't map the keys right on some games, and some I can't play.  I much prefer the Atari800WinPlus, but obviously without VBXE, I couldn't play Moon Cresta.

#52 Stephen OFFLINE  

Stephen

Quadrunner

• 7,650 posts
  • A8 Gear Head

Posted Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:46 PM

Yea, it's really well done.  I watched a YouTube of the original - I remember it when new, but it's been so long since I played it...this is a very accurate version.

Have to say, I'm not loving Altirra though.  I can't map the keys right on some games, and some I can't play.  I much prefer the Atari800WinPlus, but obviously without VBXE, I couldn't play Moon Cresta.

Stick with Altirra.  It takes a while to get used to some things which are done differently than Atari800Win+, but once you start figuring those out, you'll never switch back.  The key mapping should be 100% configurable, and I'm not aware of a single game that doesn't work on it.

#53 davidcalgary29 OFFLINE  

davidcalgary29

Quadrunner

• 6,279 posts

Posted Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:38 AM

Was a XEGS patch ever made?

#54 miker OFFLINE  

miker

Stargunner

• 1,904 posts
  • Stay Atari!

Posted Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:48 AM

And this:

+1 for non-VBXE version (may be on pure hi-res mode) :)

No chances for standard banking and ordinary Gr.8?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users