IGNORED

3DS Lite, I'm glad I waited

Assuming this is true, I might pass on it. I'm very happy with the one I have now.

Didn't Ninty say they used every trick they knew to make the 3DS as compact as possible? If they added a larger battery and second Circle-Pad, I doubt they'd be able to make it smaller. But who knows.

I wish they would make it thicker. Hands are not designed to grip "thin". Thin is fine for an iPad which doesn't care how you hold it. A portable game can only be held in one way (unless it's a Lynx, which happens to have the perfect thickness). And make the buttons and D-pad bigger. Like NES or SuperNES bigger. I'm also not a fan of the tactility of clicky-buttons. I like some travel. If you're going to put buttons on a device, make them be buttons! Don't be ashamed of your buttons! Make them stand out proud and tall! Other than that I like the system. It feels a bit cheaply made and has some questionable design but I'm digging it.

Also.. I don't know how well known this is, but the 3DS top screen is actually SMALLER in height than the regular ol' DSi.

Of course it's also wider, but it's the height that makes a big difference, because the width just tends to widen the view.

There really isn't any way for the 3DS to go but bigger. :)

Edited by NE146

The 3ds that I got about a week and a half ago is pretty much the size of the DS Lite, just a tiny bit thicker. Thats not worth the upgrade to me.

I also don't see what the big deal is with the paint falling off of the D-pad is about either. The part where the bottom screen makes contact with the top is purely a design flaw for sure, I put a screen cleaning cloth inbetween the screens when I shut it to prevent scratches, which is not a big deal to me.

Heck I saw those two lines on my screen when it was closed and unused for a while. check this out, I took a cloth and wiped them off and they were gone. It wasn't a scratch, it was dust marks, I've had the same thing happen to ps3 discs when the drive door was dusty. Dust got on the game and I thought it was a deep scratch at first. Nope, just dust.

Just a rumor, but I do think a redesign is inevitable. At some point there will be a lighter version of the 3DS, perhaps incorporating that second Circle Pad (maybe, if a significant enough number of games actually make use of that add-on). But right now is far too soon for a redesign. I'm thinking more like next spring or so. Seems like they give the original model about two years on the market with a couple of price cuts before jumping onto the "leaner, lighter" version.

Of course I already have two of these suckers. An Aqua Blue one from when they were originally released, and then the Zelda one that sold this Christmas. Ordinarily wouldn't have sunk the cash for an extra, but the Zelda one was just too awesome to pass up.

Besides that, gives me an easy way to be able to play some of the games I've got in multiplayer with people that don't own a 3DS now.