IGNORED

Bionic Commando Rearmed

Cybergoth

I'm still working on beating the game on super hard - by now I've cleared areas 1, 2, 4 and 5

It usually takes 1-2 evenings to figure out a level and about the same time to figure out the bosses on highest difficulty. This mode is totally unforgiving, but no matter how impossible something looks first, so far I always found ways to keep going :)

That's the spirit, man! No matter how much these Capcom-Hard games kick your ass, keep at it.

The amazing thing is that slowly working out the levels and boss strategies for super hard is still a lot of fun. Unlike some of the challenge rooms did I not find a spot that's totally unfair or just depending on luck so far - It all really just requires skill and a little memorization.

And it's very rewarding to figure out new tricks with your equipment. For every situation in the game you can find a working solution - brilliant design!

I've done Areas 1-6 and 9, getting close to rescuing Super-Joe now. That boss battle I really fear, it was a major roadblock on hard already.

• Like 1

So... the first 10 super hard areas are done! I think 11 and 12 should be doable fast now, especially 12, since it has no boss battle.

With some luck I should be fighting through the Albatross level early next week already. One hard beast of a level I assume. It's about thrice as big as any other level and a very tough boss battle waits at the end :o :o :o

Yeah, for the Albatross I would first just focus on getting the Bazooka upgrade before tackling the Albatross completely. Sure as hell makes that stage easier to get to the boss of it when you can snipe with something that one-shots droids and people.

My, my... it took the whole week to get there. I actually had an amazing run, making it up to Hitler with 11 extra lives in reserve, but I didn't even manage to hit him once. That missile rain homing in from his helicopter is just insane... :o :o :o

Well, at least I have the bazooka upgrade now :)

Oh oh... that final battle may be well beyond my playing skills. I've made it there another six times now, always with 10-15 extra lives, but so far I couldn't hit the helicopter more than twice before getting killed - and I think it requires 5 hits to down it! :o :o :o

(BTW: Instead of harvesting the lives anew each time, I just power off the console without saving the game :twisted:)

Good job. :)

Thanks for sharing your progress with us. I enjoyed reading your updates.

If you ever decide to tackle the sequel (I hear it's a mixed bag due to the change in developers, but apparantly still a decent game), be sure if you have the option to buy it on the 360. The PS3 version requires a constant internet connection so the game will be unplayable when they turn the servers off.

Going to give the other Capcom Classics Collection a go next?

Edited by Atariboy

If you ever decide to tackle the sequel (I hear it's a mixed bag due to the change in developers, but apparantly still a decent game), be sure if you have the option to buy it on the 360. The PS3 version requires a constant internet connection so the game will be unplayable when they turn the servers off.

Absolutely, yes. I already bought a 360 for that and I have preordered the Capcom Digital Collection which should arrive later in the month :)

I just wonder if I should play Rearmed 2 first, or the 3D one? 3D came out first, but storywise is Rearmed 2 the next AFAIK.

Going to give the other Capcom Classics Collection a go next?

Next game on my roadmap is Mega Man 2 on the NES, but more from the Collections will follow soon :)

I already played a few from the 2nd collection, like Avengers or The Speed Rumbler, but I had them all completed in a day or two so I didn't have much to write about them :ponder:

• 5 months later...

Does anyone know why there is an online DRM requirement for Part 2??????

I bought part 1, and have enjoyed it thoroughly. I have not purchased part two for the same reasons I currently do not own DIII and SCII.

BC Rearmed 2 is the only DL game I've seen with DRM... anyone know why this was done with this title?