IGNORED

GEM GUI style them for Linux or Windows anywhere?

oky2000

Someone produced a fabby Workbench/Kickstart 2.0 and 1.3 window manager for Linux but Googling I find nothing for anything either Atari ST specific or even PC GEM style. In fact I can't even find a skin for a monochrome classic Macintosh 128k style.

Is there really nothing to make using a PC less alien and more like a machine I have fond memories for???

Found an interesting single theme on Deviant Art but it's not really identical at all to GEM.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has been thinking about this. I've even considered purchasing Stardock WindowBlinds® and making my own, because their dev-kit appears to be easier to work with than Linux GTK. I think it's interesting to note that the GEM color mode scales really well to the desktop resolutions found on modern monitors.

Edited by almightytodd

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has been thinking about this. I've even considered purchasing Stardock WindowBlinds® and making my own, because their dev-kit appears to be easier to work with than Linux GTK. I think it's interesting to note that the GEM color mode scales really well to the desktop resolutions found on modern monitors.

I will have a look into WindowBlinds toolset thanks. I remember this application back in the days when everyone wanted XP to look like Vista (and who can blame them, the Vista GUI is one of the only improvements over XP). I eventually found a regular theme that used only free tools like UXtheme patcher etc.

• 1 month later...

I have to ask.......where did that awesome tshirt come from lol. Gotta have one

Edited by 19Echo