IGNORED

ColecoVision HSC Winter Knockout Tournament - Round 2 *Grog's Revenge*

BC's Quest for Tires II : Grog's Revenge

BCs Quest 2.png

Here's Thor, wheeling through a mountain maze, seeking the "meaning of life". Life's a rough road, for sure. What with potholes and rocks and balancing on a narrow ledge. Not to mention wheel-wasting Tiredactyls!

Travel isn't cheap, not even in the Stone Age. Gather up clams to pay the toll from one mountain to the next. Enter the cave and shed light on more clams. But watch out! Just when you thought it was safe to turn the corner again, Grog's waiting to bark at you!

Will you be able to hug the road and gather ye clams as ye may? We'll see!

Game Information

Game Name: BC's Quest for Tires II : Grog's Revenge

Released by: Coleco, 1984

Original arcade game by: N/A

CV HSC High Score: N/A

TwinGalaxies High Score: 5,440 by Troy and Tom (Mar and Dec 2004)

Settings: N/A

This game was suggested by: Random Selection

Contest Starts/Ends

Commences: Sunday, 8 January 2012 at 1:00AM EST

Ends: Sunday, 15 January 2012 at 1:00AM EST

Tournament Rules

Anyone can jump in and play a Knockout round game if they like (this includes players who have been Knocked out of the tournament!). This is just for fun and to show off high scores though and will NOT to be counted in the contest.

You need not win, just not finish LAST! Let the battle begin...

Final Positions

1. ed1475 6,510

2. jblenkle 5,630

3. skosh 3,310

4. patbb 3,250

4. cparsley 3,250

6. JacobZu7zu7 2,370

7. roadrunner 2,190

8. ColecoDan No Score - ELIMINATED

Player List

JacobZu7zu7

jblenkle

roadrunner

patbb

skosh

ed1475

ColecoDan

cparsley

Ikrananka (eliminated Round 1)

Edited by Ikrananka

Grog's Revenge

Woah this is a tough version (CV), it really makes you collect and collect before you can pay for the TOLL... to level 2.

TIPS:

Don't run into Grog, he will end your game, no matter how many lives you have left.

Those shiney white clams are worth +5 not just 1 like the grey ones. but they are often "very" close to the edge. With practice though... it's worth it. I find with quick taps on controller, the very edge is better for snaging them rather then going right next to the Cave...

A good tactic, is go in and out of the Cave (for level 1), and collect as much clams as you can. 2 or 3 runs should do it, but the cave is much tougher on level 2.

If you need to hurry/go faster, "hold down the button". Just be careful, if you need to make a turn, take ur finger off the button and then turn, unless you're really good.

You're stone tire also does a complete U-Turn from only touching left or right on the controls.

no need to angle! I can't say how many times I hit the Cave with my FACE!

post-3059-0-72877000-1326069822_thumb.jpg

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

Those shiny white coins are actually shiny white clams...

Grog's Revenge

Woah this is a tough version (CV), it really makes you collect and collect before you can pay for the TOLL... to level 2.

TIPS:

Those shiney white coins are worth +10 not just 1 like the grey ones. but they are often "very" close to the edge. With practice though... it's worth it.

A good tactic, is go in and out of the Cave, and collect as much as you can.

If you need to hurry hold down the button. Just be careful, if you need to make a turn though, take ur finger off the button and then turn, unless you're really good.

You're stone tire also does a complete U-Turn from only touching left or right on the controls.

no need to angle! I can't say how many times I hit the Cave with my FACE!

Is there a difference between the 24 and 32k rom?

There were 2 versions released. A US version with the standard title screen and a Coleco Candada version with a blue title screen. Maybe they were different rom sizes too? I think the gameplay is the same but I haven't checked.

post-13580-0-93549700-1326243197_thumb.jpg

Edited by ed1475

Yeah, it's on the tough side...lots of pinpoint turns to collect the clams and the caves get tougher and tougher every level.

wow! you're quick...I just posted my 4,820 score a few minutes ago.

Current scores and positions updated in first post. Nice battle going on here.

Your latest score prompted me to do the update. Looks like a tough game!!!

Is there a difference between the 24 and 32k rom?

There were 2 versions released. A US version with the standard title screen and a Coleco Candada version with a blue title screen. Maybe they were different rom sizes too? I think the gameplay is the same but I haven't checked.

post-13580-0-93549700-1326243197_thumb.jpg

Nice score ed - you beat the TwinGalaxies high score :)

Yeah, well...I don't even know how I got there...last time I had looked at my score I was under 5,000 with one tire left...when the game ended, I was surprised to see 5,320 sitting there...haven't gone over 5,000 again since then.

Grog's Revenge - 5,320

post-9212-0-28484200-1326468037_thumb.jpg

Getting close to top spot :) :grin:

Bah! I just bested my score by 10 whole points...I'll wait on officially posting it...maybe I can go higher...

Edited by jblenkle