IGNORED

Atari 2600 Knockout Round 2: RAFT RIDER

JacobZu7zu7

You know, thinking about it, the rule probably should have been to set this game to difficult. That would have been a little more fair to everyone. This is going to come down to who has the guts to play it long enough. The difficult mode isn't as easy and most people will die of natural causes around 10K.

Okay, Activision it ain't. But avoiding a Round 2 Knockout may be as much about staying awake and focusing for the whole marathon as anything else, 'cause this game is definitely not a sprint.

Here's my tip for those still having trouble getting going with game (you rollage folks just watch TV or something, 'cause you already know this):

Once you push the joystick up or down to start the slide up or down the river, pushing the joystick left immediately stops the slide. It took me several games (even after reading the manual) to figure out what was going on. This helps with quicker turning, because you don't have to wait for the slide to stop on its own before changing directions. It helps with precisely lining up the raft to pick up the gold pieces (push the joystick to the right after getting lined up.) Then it becomes a game of staying ahead of the crashes by getting extra rafts.

It's still not a great game, but it's more fun knowing how to duck in between the rocks and ride the edge of the river bank without crashing.

post-26187-0-92090700-1326200919_thumb.png

Edited by Scrabbler15

Nice oyamafamily. Two weeks into the knock out, two rolls for you!

B

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, BIGBEE. I learnt how to play Raft Rider very quickly (the manual was helpful), WITHOUT Scrabbler15 tips. Also, I've never played Raft Rider before this Knockout Tournament.

During my 100K-point match, I found my helpful tip: Once you have 3 lives in reserve and collect 3 gold pieces, you can crash your raft (hit any obstacle). You will get Extra Raft at the moment you lose one of 3 Rafts in reserve!

Edited by oyamafamily

I strongly recommend we go with a higher difficulty setting, otherwise, how are we going to contend with lots of people getting the guts to roll this one? It takes around an hour and a half to do it if you're smooth enough. And on the suggesting setting, way too easy to do.

I strongly recommend we go with a higher difficulty setting, otherwise, how are we going to contend with lots of people getting the guts to roll this one? It takes around an hour and a half to do it if you're smooth enough. And on the suggesting setting, way too easy to do.

Remember guys, the rules are, it's your game choice and settings, when selecting a game.

I didn't see any suggestion, so I started it Game 1.B/B

If most people agree on a higher difficulty for Raft Rider, we can do it for the K.O.. What I could do, is count the Game 1 B/B... for HIGH SCORES + POINTS only. Then go with Stans selected setting for the K.O. round.

CLICK "LIKE THIS" IF YOU WANT THE K.O. ROUND 2 ON A HIGHER SETTING.

YOUR CURRENT SCORES WILL STILL COUNT FOR POINTS.

I'll do whatever is decided by the moderator of this contest, but I'll throw my $0.02 in here:

I've never been a fan of changing the rules in mid-contest, unless it's to make things fairer across the board. Making this change just to raise the difficulty makes the effort we've put in all for naught. Sure, we get points, but I'm not playing for points. I'm playing to keep from being knocked out...so I put the time in to roll the score and make sure I'm around to play next week.

So, my vote is to keep things the way they are. It is what it is and let's just play and have fun. If I have to play again on a/a difficulty, then I will, but honestly, I don't want to have to do that.

• Like 2

I'll do whatever is decided by the moderator of this contest, but I'll throw my $0.02 in here:

I've never been a fan of changing the rules in mid-contest, unless it's to make things fairer across the board. Making this change just to raise the difficulty makes the effort we've put in all for naught. Sure, we get points, but I'm not playing for points. I'm playing to keep from being knocked out...so I put the time in to roll the score and make sure I'm around to play next week.

So, my vote is to keep things the way they are. It is what it is and let's just play and have fun. If I have to play again on a/a difficulty, then I will, but honestly, I don't want to have to do that.

I agree.