Photo

Going rate for Diner CIB

17 replies to this topic

#1 the-topdog OFFLINE  

the-topdog

Stargunner

• 1,724 posts

Posted Mon Jan 9, 2012 11:58 AM

So what is the going rate for a CIB Diner cart? Damn Cmart has me wanting to try completing the original 125 and I figured I'd start with Diner.

#2 Cebus Capucinis OFFLINE  

Cebus Capucinis

Not-so-secretly Trolling

• 8,013 posts
  • Wiseass Extraordinaire

Posted Mon Jan 9, 2012 12:04 PM

I paid $65-$70 for mine in very good CIB condition about a year ago, I think they're less expensive than that now.

#3 vprette OFFLINE  

vprette

Stargunner

• 1,196 posts

Posted Mon Jan 9, 2012 12:14 PM

So what is the going rate for a CIB Diner cart? Damn Cmart has me wanting to try completing the original 125 and I figured I'd start with Diner.

60$ is the rate now

#4 IntellivisionDude OFFLINE  

IntellivisionDude

River Patroller

• 3,087 posts
  • INTV Brotherhood Member

Posted Mon Jan 9, 2012 12:36 PM

I have seen a few go in the $70-100 range this year as well. The price has been all over the place.

#5 the-topdog OFFLINE  

the-topdog

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,724 posts

Posted Mon Jan 9, 2012 3:21 PM

What are the top 10 rare Intellivision titles and what can I expect to spend on them?

#6 IntellivisionDude OFFLINE  

IntellivisionDude

River Patroller

• 3,087 posts

Posted Mon Jan 9, 2012 4:24 PM

What are the top 10 rare Intellivision titles and what can I expect to spend on them?

Here's a start.
http://www.atariage....ost__p__2360123

#7 revolutionika OFFLINE  

revolutionika

Quadrunner

• 10,783 posts

Posted Mon Jan 9, 2012 8:46 PM

I took cmarts top 10 list and made a little chart. check it out.

http://intvrevolutio...eINTVGames.aspx

#8 vprette OFFLINE  

vprette

Stargunner

• 1,196 posts

Posted Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:06 AM

I have 2 from that list...
and always remember going in a little gameshop in Milan just to see the guy entered before me asking for intellivision games and buy a CIB tuthankam for 6$ !!!! and teh girl in the shop was happy to give away the game!

#9 Ransom OFFLINE  

Ransom

River Patroller

• 3,957 posts
  • Cartridge Gaming Enthusiast

Posted Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:03 AM

Nice chart!

(Good thing I don't want any of those games in the top 10 list...I'm too poor anyway! :) )

#10 RetroGam3Nerd OFFLINE  

RetroGam3Nerd

Space Invader

• 31 posts
  • MEMBER OF THE INtV BROTHERHOOD

Posted Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:54 PM

I am surprised that Diner isn't on that list. Must me number 11 :)

#11 cmart604 OFFLINE  

cmart604

Quadrunner

• 7,836 posts

Posted Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:19 PM

I am surprised that Diner isn't on that list. Must me number 11 :)

It came in at number 18 on the top 25 rarest list. See the link IntellivisionDude posted above. In my books it's a $75 game CIB. I think the only one posted right now is pikachu's $100 one, which, for him, is quite reasonable as this game went over $100 a number of times in 2010 and 2011. My 2 cents.

#12 RetroGam3Nerd OFFLINE  

RetroGam3Nerd

Space Invader

• 31 posts

Posted Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:50 PM

and always remember going in a little gameshop in Milan just to see the guy entered before me asking for intellivision games and buy a CIB tuthankam for 6$ !!!! and teh girl in the shop was happy to give away the game!

I only have one from the list and that's fathom

#13 the-topdog OFFLINE  

the-topdog

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,724 posts

Posted Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:52 PM

I'm debating on weather to spend money on getting one or two from the top 10 or filling in a bunch of the commons I am missing.

#14 RetroGam3Nerd OFFLINE  

RetroGam3Nerd

Space Invader

• 31 posts

Posted Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:14 PM

I'm debating on weather to spend money on getting one or two from the top 10 or filling in a bunch of the commons I am missing.

I would say if you can find some rare ones cheap enough go that way, just don't rush out and buy some of the games just because they are rare. It's like I was looking for Diner everyone wanted $50 to $100, so I waited until I found one for $29.00 Also look in lots on E-bay I have found that some people that are selling in lots don't know what games are worth, all they know is they want to get rid of them. At least that has been my experience.

#15 RetroGam3Nerd OFFLINE  

RetroGam3Nerd

Space Invader

• 31 posts

Posted Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:22 PM

If you are looking for some common ones let me know I'll make you a deal on some here are the ones I have.

Frogger
Football (Torn Label)
Baseball
Sea Battle
NHL Hockey
Atlantis
Night Stalker
Skiing
Horse Racing
Auto Racing
Astrosmash
Beauty and the Beast
Triple Action
Frog Bog
Burgertime (missing Label)
Master of the universe Power of He-man
Advanced Dungeons and Dragons
NFL Football

*All these carts are lose

#16 IntellivisionDude OFFLINE  

IntellivisionDude

River Patroller

• 3,087 posts

Posted Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:42 PM

I have 3 from the top 10. Those being #10, 9 & 8. Guess i'm collecting in order. :-D

#17 roberto OFFLINE  

roberto

Dragonstomper

• 639 posts

Posted Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:24 AM

And, most likely, none of them today is aware of how much that game is worth now!

Going back on topic, that's really a good list and last year, in fact, I did quite an effort to get a few of those titles: Fathom, Super Cobra and Tut (CIB) plus a lose Congo (with a shining repro box, though :P) but I doubt I can get any other on the Top 15 list anytime soon since prices are really too high on ebay (BTW, my Diner is lose too).

#18 vprette OFFLINE  

vprette

Stargunner

• 1,196 posts

Posted Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:13 AM

And, most likely, none of them today is aware of how much that game is worth now!

Going back on topic, that's really a good list and last year, in fact, I did quite an effort to get a few of those titles: Fathom, Super Cobra and Tut (CIB) plus a lose Congo (with a shining repro box, though :P) but I doubt I can get any other on the Top 15 list anytime soon since prices are really too high on ebay (BTW, my Diner is lose too).

and the list is not considering homebrews

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users