IGNORED

Best arcade games on ST

w1k

Bubble Bobble was really well done.

Outrun is supposedly worth a look.

Buggy Boy is pretty faithful but not such a great game.

The Gauntlet games are supposedly well done.

Championship Sprint, pretty well done and fun to play.

Also Arkanoid, Blasteroids, The New Zealand Story, Xenon, Klax, Pang, Star Wars.

Plenty I've missed and maybe one or two of those didn't make it to ST but it's a start.

If I'm right, I think Elite's port of "Commando" was quite well-done.

http://klapauzius.ne...s.html#Commando

Nice link! I had no idea Gauntlet was compatible with the Falcon. I certainly never tried playing it on my Falcon when it was my primary system; I think I gave my copy to my younger cousin when he bought my 1040ST when I upgraded.

Back in the day, I didn't mind the "crawling" of Gauntlet on my 1040. It was nearly a "perfect" arcade conversion considering how terrible the NES version was. Never tried the ST version with a 4-player adapter...

Nice link! I had no idea Gauntlet was compatible with the Falcon. I certainly never tried playing it on my Falcon when it was my primary system; I think I gave my copy to my younger cousin when he bought my 1040ST when I upgraded.

It was likely not Falcon compatible. 'Patching' is for making it compatible. Sometimes not necessary, sometimes requires lot of time. And lot of originals fails on Falcon because copy protection for instance.

I did today fixing for TT and Falcon of Galaxy Force - Sega game. I don't know how it looks on arcade machine, but conversion seems well made. Little similar with Space Harrier. And while fixing I discovered something interesting considering Timer-B behaviour and related problems.

http://atari.8bitchip.info/SCRSH/galaxyf.html

• 1 month later...

Just looking at some disks and forgot about Road Runner. Very good port of the arcade game.

It could have been better, and not sure why they couldn't put in the voice samples that the arcade game used (Gauntlet proved you could do a great conversion)

Just looking at some disks and forgot about Road Runner. Very good port of the arcade game.

It could have been better, and not sure why they couldn't put in the voice samples that the arcade game used (Gauntlet proved you could do a great conversion)

I wondered why no "meep,meep!" you'd think it would be a must! :)

I think even the old pc version made some lame noise for that.

Still, the game play is really good. I play the crack and use infinite lives :-p

Edited by Official Ninja