IGNORED

Microsurgeon

Wow! I had no idea that was a multiplatform game, either. And the TI! Pretty impressive. I'd love to see a screenshot for comparison.

The TI version. I have it. It seems OK, but I didn't play it for too long. I have the INTV one too, but don't remember how it compares offhand.

post-16769-0-28723100-1326660212_thumb.pngpost-16769-0-97701600-1326660213_thumb.png

• Like 3

Wow! I had no idea that was a multiplatform game, either. And the TI! Pretty impressive. I'd love to see a screenshot for comparison.

The TI version. I have it. It seems OK, but I didn't play it for too long. I have the INTV one too, but don't remember how it compares offhand.

post-16769-0-28723100-1326660212_thumb.pngpost-16769-0-97701600-1326660213_thumb.png

Well, first off, I see more than one screen. The Intellivision version only has the "status" (text) screen, and the body screen.

The TI version also TALKS!

At the start, "Paging Dr. Levine" As in Rick Levine, the programmer.

The voice warns you of the status and critical areas that you need to address.

I wish the Intellivision version used the intellivoice... 3rd party support may have saved it.... or at least pushed a little more hardware and that may have pushed more software..... you get were I am going.

I wish the Intellivision version used the intellivoice... 3rd party support may have saved it.... or at least pushed a little more hardware and that may have pushed more software..... you get were I am going.

Holy crap, I can imagine it. It would indeed be awesome if Microsurgeon were one of the Intellivoice games! I've always liked Microsurgeon, and that would make it better.

-dZ.

Holy crap, I can imagine it. It would indeed be awesome if Microsurgeon were one of the Intellivoice games! I've always liked Microsurgeon, and that would make it better.

-dZ.

in the Fantasilandia world, keith from Intellivision production could give us the microsurgeon source for adding those features

-dZ.

in the Fantasilandia world, keith from Intellivision production could give us the microsurgeon source for adding those features

As long as we're dreaming, I wish some home-brewer would just redo the game with voice and other amenities (especially with a more granular controller response).

Oh, and a pony for everyone. :)

I believe TI's Super Demon Attack also talked, but I don't think it was important to the game play. WOW, have to hook up the TI someday.

Just saying.... If we want to tuck some voice back in to some games.... Might as well go all the way!

ALSO Dreaming of PARSEC! for Intellivision....With INTELLIVOICE of course...LOL

Hmmmm. Thinking back, Fathom may have had voice on the TI as well. I don't think voice and 3D could save that one though.

Thats awesome!

I love the "ICU" screen in the bottom right

As long as we're dreaming, I wish some home-brewer would just redo the game with voice and other amenities (especially with a more granular controller response).

This is an interesting question: how hard would it be to add a subroutine that detects when the patient's status changes (which I'd imagine is a variable or set of variables in memory), and make an announcement to that effect? You'd especially want it when the status changes for the worse: "WARNING! LUNG...STATUS...CRITICAL!"

Obviously if the game is maxing out CPU cycles it'd be tough, and you'd need to add additional ROM -- but could a savvy coder make it work?

ALSO Dreaming of PARSEC! for Intellivision....With INTELLIVOICE of course...LOL

Oh, man, that'd be beautiful.

Wow - really? You guys are funny. Just learning about this now. TI version even had speech! Another testament to how important speech synthesis was back then. The Intellivision version could't even be bothered to exploit that all important feature through the Intellivoice. The dummies! ;) :(

In the case of Microsurgeon, the speech synthesis would actually be super-useful since the patient status is on a separate screen, and the clock doesn't stop running when you check it. Finding out that your patient's intestines have gone terminal, when you thought you had bought enough time to keep the worms at bay, is a drag.

BTW this is quite a good game, definitely one of the better Imagic titles, though it's brutal on the highest difficulty level!

I'm also surprised that more of you didn't already know about the 99/4A version of Microsurgeon. Imagic released quite a few games for the 99/4A, and Microsurgeon was one of their best. Their relationship with TI was so good, in fact, that they almost "inherited" the 99/4A after TI decided to get out of the home computer business.