IGNORED

Ultimate1MB - new preorder

candle

i've updated the list locally on my spreadsheet, but haven't uploaded it yet - i'll do that later this week - anyways don't worry, it's fixed

Thank-yuh, sir. Will the 800/XE personality board have Ultimate 1MB function?

The Icognito board has more features than the U1M board, combining the features of the U1M and the SIDE cartridge and adding the PBI and XE compatibility to the 800.

Incognito		   Ultimate 1MB
1MB RAM(XE+AXLON)		 1MB RAM(XE)
SDX				 SDX
RTC				 RTC
Multi-OS			 Multi-OS
CF Card slot
PBI connector

The Ultimate has the option of up to 4 different OS's, I don't know how many Icognito will have.

hardware side of embedded pbi device is working, software needs to be ironed out

Lenore: its called foocart, and it was in the wild for quite some time (only 5 boards were made actually)

I thought you had a proto cart that had 512k memory on it and also had the ability to have all 4 OSS carts programmed in and switchable. We never seemed to get enough committment to do a run. Is that the same cart or something else? My memory is not quite so good anymore...... :)

i don't know

i do have ready design-wise whats needed, but if i won't buy some decent assembly equipment that would help me to speed up things on that side a bit (a hughe bit) chances are slim, i would rather want to design something new, ie to get c816 done

Ah ok... Is it expensive to let not only make the pcb but also the assembly of the parts done by a third party company?

I mean that the only thing you have to do is flashing the firmware?

I would really like to have a few more spare Ultimate 1MB's... I have decided to quit using my black box, so now I have full benefit of ultimate 1mb and I really love this upgrade.

I might order the electronic components somewhere so I will be able to fix them when they get broke.

I am trying to find some info on this upgrade to see what bank switching scheme it uses and what values it has to plug into PORTB (54017, $D301) or another memory location. I know going over 512K is possible if the bits for basic, Ram under OS, or Seft-Test were used for bank switching instead. I also know about using a second bank selection chip.

• 2 weeks later...

all boards on all panels are fully assembled now (well, 90 out of 105 and while only 76 were ordered) so now what i have to do is make cables (this will take a day or two) and test all units (another two or three days), after this, shipment shall begin

i've also updated the list

hopefully this time i won't get stuck with some of boards laying here and waiting for shipping adress or machine type ;)

Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

Many thanks for the update, much appreciated! :thumbsup:

Excuse my asking, but is it possible to install the 800 OS-B ROM as one of the 4 ROM's please? I use a lot of 'old' software and this would remove the need for a Translator and also allow me to run non-XL cartridges. If so, that would be really great!

Cheers

Dom

all boards on all panels are fully assembled now (well, 90 out of 105 and while only 76 were ordered) so now what i have to do is make cables (this will take a day or two) and test all units (another two or three days), after this, shipment shall begin

i've also updated the list

hopefully this time i won't get stuck with some of boards laying here and waiting for shipping adress or machine type ;)

Sebastian

I am thinking about ordering 1 more too. Are the board costs still $50 or 40 euro with upto 3 boards shipping $7?

Lenore, Gary: it's 170pln, google says it's $53, and yes, shipping stays the same too

Dom: its possible to use OS-B rom image instead of standard OS for XL/XE line, you need to make it 16k though (6k padding in front of image will do)

Gary: if you really want it then we might work something out, but its not default behaviour for ultimate, incognito boards do that, ultimate doesn't, and there are possible issues with vbxe coexisting in such system - very much the same issues as for pbi bus ram expansion module, so i wouldn't advise on going that route

my current task is to make side reset button to work as atr disk changer (you press it once, and next "disk" is being mounted as the same drive) - this will enable multi disk software to run flawlessly, unless it would use custom SIO calls

my current task is to make side reset button to work as atr disk changer (you press it once, and next "disk" is being mounted as the same drive) - this will enable multi disk software to run flawlessly, unless it would use custom SIO calls

So have you found a way around the addition of this feature necessitating disabling of SIDE's external cart (and thus thus removing the possibility of using UItimate's PBI emulation at the same time as an external cart application - namely the GUI)?

Also, can I remove any of the normal system Ram once installed ?

I'll grab one for a 130XE (16 chip variant) - I think I've got your Paypal details still and can just do the PLN payment same as before.

You can at least remove the 8 extended ram chips and the EMMU chip (jumpers required) making it effectively a 65XE/800XE with U1MB. Would save a little in energy consumption.

Robert

all flat cables were made

now i need to test these boards, and wait for FJC to catch up ;)

Q: where's the order link for this second-batch?

THANKS, in advance!

There was no order link, Candle PM'ed those who expressed interest before the cut-off. If you want to order one it's probably best to send him a PM.