IGNORED

512K Cartridge Status

Ksarul

Yes, but you're still going to need a different programmer to program the 29f040 chip for the Rom side of the cart. The Minipro can do this, and negate the need for the oscillator for the AVR chip.

Gazoo

Is this the MiniPro you're referring to?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-MiniPro-TL866CS-Universal-BIOS-Programmer-EEPROM-FLASH-8051-AVR-GAL-PIC-SPI-/221092473435

Could you tell me which programmer(s) you're using and which adaptor, please?

Programmer is a older "pocket programmer" (parallel port model, have to keep an old laptop around to use it) from intronics

http://secure.transtronics.com/EPROM_Programmer.html seems to be the modern version at a much higher price..

http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_nkw=Intronics%20Pocket%20Programmer%20Flash%20Eprom%20Honda%20BMW%20EX&_itemId=7602421182 cheaper ones

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221072216777

is the adapter I just bought

I've been busy again, although this will be the last thing I do for a month or so as I'll be really busy offline keeping my boys occupied. :) I plan to ship these to Arcadeshopper tomorrow, so they should show up in the webstore soon. Both of the boys had a blast doing my cartridge testing for me tonight--the six-year-old did not want to stop testing at all. . . :grin: :grin: :grin:

I will be watching for these to be available. Though I would also give a King's ransom (well, not literally) to have this in the 3-in-1 cartridge -- I had hoped for an Easter Egg :)

Yes.

It seems to be identical to this one, which is the one I bought.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190992357588?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Gazoo

Edited by Gazoo

Yes.

It seems to be identical to this one, which is the one I bought.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190992357588?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Gazoo

I'm glad those are getting less expensive. Five years ago when I got my 844USB ($450), the only other alternatives were these Willem bare-board ones on eBay for $50... tried one, and boy, did it have issues. Hope they're more reliable now too :)

Ok I fiddled more.. and figured something out.. if i drop the chip in with just the pins 1-20 in my programmer, it let me program the fuses back to stock.. and erase it.. effectively unlocked..

Verified. Nice trick, Sir!

Gazoo

Do we have a "list" of images for the uber now? :)

Greg

Funny you should ask. :) I was going to upload my collection anyway. Anyone that's making carts should download this update, as I've made several minor bugfixes in my carts recently, 2 as of a 1/2 hour ago.

Filenames that are in sets of 3 that begin with the same thing are for Ubergrom cart, single filename images are for 512k Rom cart.

gallery_29515_833_1096.jpg

All Cart Files.zip

Gazoo

• Like 4

Funny you should ask. :) I was going to upload my collection anyway. Anyone that's making carts should download this update, as I've made several minor bugfixes in my carts recently, 2 as of a 1/2 hour ago.

Filenames that are in sets of 3 that begin with the same thing are for Ubergrom cart, single filename images are for 512k Rom cart.

gallery_29515_833_1096.jpg

attachicon.gifAll Cart Files.zip

Gazoo

tried xb3.. menu works but has issues

The issues were me.. xb3 working great now

trying 27 now.

Edited by arcadeshopper

nothing loads from rom, issues with xb it loads but locks up.. could be my side will try burning 27 now..

Greg

Definitely sounds like a Rom chip issue. You'll probably experience the same results with the other carts until you get it squared away.

What chip are you using? I had some problems with some chips I initially tried, and switched to the AM29F040B chips. They're much more reliable than the original chips I tried with the cart.

Gazoo

Definitely sounds like a Rom chip issue. You'll probably experience the same results with the other carts until you get it squared away.

What chip are you using? I had some problems with some chips I initially tried, and switched to the AM29F040B chips. They're much more reliable than the original chips I tried with the cart.

Gazoo

used the same atmel and rom chip for both burns 1284p and AT49F040B I got a bunch from Jim.

Edited by arcadeshopper

used the same atmel and rom chip for both burns 1284p and AT49F040B I got a bunch from Jim.

I just put my XB3 chips in my cart and tried every menu entry again, all loaded fine. I've got a set of chips for all the carts I uploaded, and can switch them in and out without reburning. The menu entries from D to Z are the same code in each of the 3 XB Suite carts, so if one works, the others must. The AT chips are the ones I had some flakiness with, the AM chips seem to be more solid.

Gazoo

I just put my XB3 chips in my cart and tried every menu entry again, all loaded fine. I've got a set of chips for all the carts I uploaded, and can switch them in and out without reburning. The menu entries from D to Z are the same code in each of the 3 XB Suite carts, so if one works, the others must. The AT chips are the ones I had some flakiness with, the AM chips seem to be more solid.

Gazoo

Ok I'll see about getting some AM's to try out. I've def experienced flakey burns with my programmer and the old adapter..

Ok I'll see about getting some AM's to try out. I've def experienced flakey burns with my programmer and the old adapter..

Think my problem was that I wasn't doing the oscillator before attempting to program for each chip.. pebkac :) testing xb3 again, had a buttload of problems programming rxb and that turned out to be why :)

Think my problem was that I wasn't doing the oscillator before attempting to program for each chip.. pebkac :) testing xb3 again, had a buttload of problems programming rxb and that turned out to be why :)

yep that was it.. screwed up the atmel burn which caused all my issues.. i have 3.0 running reliably.. i noticed that in 2.7 if you hit space in the menu you get some games, 3.0 not so much

• Like 1

yep that was it.. screwed up the atmel burn which caused all my issues.. i have 3.0 running reliably.. i noticed that in 2.7 if you hit space in the menu you get some games, 3.0 not so much

Yes, games didn't fit in Expanded Basic #3.0. Fctn7 for Diagnostics Cart is still there. And both have spacebar on powerup to go to TI title screen with just XB on the menu. SXB has games but no spacebar option.

Gazoo

• Like 1