IGNORED

how much would you pay for INTV Arcade Stick

vprette

13 members have voted

1. 1. What price are you ready to pay for an arcate stick?

• 220 > basic buttons + stick
    • 245 > buttons + stick + numeric keypad
    • 270 > buttons + stick + numeric keypad + custom graphic overlay plexyglass
    • 299 > buttons + stick + numeric keypad + custom graphic overlay upper and lower
    • Less than 220 for basic

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I'm in the process of getting evaluation for a custom arcade stick for INTV

The price is high, so I wonder how many people would be interested in such item, this is a first evaluation and I hope to find lover price.

The arcade stick proto I'm working on is made of:

- 3 buttons

- numeric keypad as in intv controller

- arcade stick 8 directions

- plexyglass with custom graphic

- 9 pin connector

Could this technology be used to make a new controller with a touchpad as the disk?

post-14916-0-34615800-1327328162_thumb.jpg

(See http://www.ti.com/to...0BOOST-SENSE1#2 for details)

Just a thought...

This is pretty nice. Do you know of a touch-sensitive LCD display that might work with this? I was envisioning basically "modernizing" the traditional Intv controller. The disc replaced w/a touchpad disc, and the keypad replaced with a touch-sensitive display (that could even be "context sensitive" based on the game - overlay images, etc.).

If you are looking to spend $200+ I would insist on 16 directions!

http://retroblast.ar...s/49-way_2.html This stick will allow 16 directions.

It is the one I will use when I get around to building my controller.

However, Locking plates for 4,8 and 16 directions would be nice for different games.

Games you cannot play with 8 directions....Centipede and All sports games but mostly Bowling and Auto Racing.

I cannot imagine Tron Deadly Discs without 16 directions! Fine movement to hit the recognizer is vital.

Though it would be nice to play pac-man etc. with only 4 directions.

That part is optical and there is no 5v supply on the Inty joystick connector to power it directly. You'll need to hook a wire to +5v on the Inty motherboard. I suspect that you'll also need a microcontroller to adapt the stick's signals into something the Inty will understand.

That part is optical and there is no 5v supply on the Inty joystick connector to power it directly. You'll need to hook a wire to +5v on the Inty motherboard. I suspect that you'll also need a microcontroller to adapt the stick's signals into something the Inty will understand.

what you said = expensive as hell. honestly i dont know the difference between16 way and 8 way. what actually truly uses 16 way. just so people are aware, if you buy a real wood arcade stick for anything else like the neo geo they are around 500 dollars. and that has no micro controllers/ arduinos or 49 way joysticks. this one will give us all that the other controllers offer plus a keypad. sounds like a good deal to me.

Edit: not trying to slam you groovy. i am actually agreeing with you. just dont know how to word it right.

Edited by pimpmaul69

for any interested people, I found an arcade stick maker in Italy that would make the 3 buttons + stick + numeric keypad for only 110 euros / 150$ !!

this is far away the best price I see around, so if someone is interested just ask for info

Edited by vprette

for any interested people, I found an arcade stick maker in Italy that would make the 3 buttons + stick + numeric keypad for only 110 euros / 150$ !!

this is far away the best price I see around, so if someone is interested just ask for info

definitely interested.

in

this case can you contact me in messenger :-)?

where you from, I need to ask for shipping cost as well...

Edited by vprette

• 4 weeks later...