IGNORED

How to order a Ultrasatan ?

The one I received from Zaxon last month has only a single LED for power.

Really wish it had an activity LED.....

I assume he is still using the same PCB so adding the activity leds should be possible. According to the schematics you need for each activity led:

• 4k7 resistor
  • 470 resistor
  • BC807-16LTSMD transistor
  • And a led of course

But since these (except the led) are smd components, you need good soldering skills.

Robert

Good luck with that!

The casings on mine is clued together & I'll have to destroy it when the time comes just to change the battery.

Hope others faired better.

Mine is also glued together, You can see the hot glue in the seams.

Anyway, even though it can be sensitive to how the cards are sitting in the slots, mine has been working well.

It is not as fast as the internal hdd in the Mega STe's but it is fast enough and much more convenient than an internal drive.

It is faster than the SatanDisk so transferring large amounts of data works well. Although, for playing, the speed of SatanDisk is just fine.

Of course, after writing the above yesterday, I was testing a couple games on my MSTE with Zaxon's UltraSatan this morning, and experienced a lot of trouble with the US not reading the cards. It would randomly display garbage characters for the directory list. One time it was showing the directory list for the lower card as the upper card.

Simply removing and reinserting would fix it. However all it took was to just bump one with a finger while inserting or removing the other causes what I described above.

Anyone experience this with US or is it my unit? I'd hate to think I may have to send this back after all that drama and waiting.

• 3 weeks later...

well i sent all the components for the netsubee x2, 1 for me and 1 for mr zaxxon to keep, got an emai back a few months later explaining that he was awaiting new chip as he had put it in wrong.... and still bugger all. emailed him many times and given up.

Now resulting in trying to used a cd writer to transfer and archiving the library.

the ultrasatan sounds ideal, but not willing to shell out as i'm not confident i'll get anything.

At the moment getting married, or marred depends how you look at it, not got the space for all the floppies in new house, along with a lot of st hardware:( so hopefully will be able to serve the ST comunity once more.

Steve

atarian.com

last-pd.co.uk

the-asx.co.uk

atari.org.uk

retro-gamer.com