IGNORED

Peg Solitaire source

Ninjabba

Attached is the source to Peg Solitaire containing the sound driver for chipper of Sage. I've compiled the project using cc65 (version 2.13.0 and 2.13.2), but because the template I use is limited to creating 256kb carts I thought to look into the latest cc65 snapshot (2.13.9). However, it looks like some changes broke the project as I get some errors using the latest version.

Code is a bit messy with some redundant functions/files, but spare time coding sessions are rare/precious and I haven't taken time to clean up the code. I see I accidentally added a debug folder from my eclipse project, which can be completely ignored.

PegSolitaireV1.2.zip

Edited by Ninjabba
  • Like 2

Ask sage about the highcolor solution. He is the Master.

A question to sage about the chipper suport.

Can i use it the same way in the old cc65.

and after you importet the mod-file. Have you createt simple instruments? I ask, cause if i import a mod there is no intrument that makes any beep. I only see all notes while playing, but i hear nothing.

Regards Matthias

Not sure how to put this in the right terminology, but you do need to create a simple-instrument for the notes that are displayed. So when I import a MOD, I have on a channel on a given time step displayed something like [5 D-4 1], where 5 refers to the simple-instrument.. so creating a sound for that simple-instrument will give you something playing.

matashen: Check the video. ninjabba is right. automatic creation of instruments would be nice, but how do you do that? One can try to make a FT and get the base freq and add something simple which has the same freq. let me think about it.

old cc65 (aka newcc65), yes, works the same, see my example. BUT you need to recompile cc65 as there are some bugs to be fixed.

• 3 weeks later...

I just ported the code to the latest cc65 release flavour. Ninjabba requested to use a 512k cart size so this cart image is now based on 2048 bytes/block. Currently Ninjabbas code uses up 39031 bytes so there is still 485257 bytes to go.

pegsolitaire512.zip

or just the sources

pegsolitaire512src.zip

Enjoy,

Karri

Edited by karri

I found out that the code had lots of unused pieces. Here is a compiled stripped down version wilth only the essentials.

PegSolitaireV1_3.zip

You can compile it for different ROM sized by editing the file cart/lynxcart.cfg

For a 512k cart:

__BLOCKSIZE__: type = weak, value = 2048;

For a 256k cart:

__BLOCKSIZE__: type = weak, value = 1024;

For a 128k cart:

__BLOCKSIZE__: type = weak, value = 512;

--

Karri