IGNORED

Thunder Castle (Intellivision)

SlowCoder

For testing my new TandyVision, I pulled out a game from my stack, completely random. It turned out to be Thunder Castle. I put it in, and played for a while.

Found it quite fun! It's easy to slay the mighty dragons, but I've found that when I get to the castle with the monks, it gets a lot harder. Not so much with the green monks, but once they turn yellow, they get a log meaner!

This isn't quite a twitch game, as it's a little slower than that, but it definitely does keep you on your toes. I'm really enjoying the graphics and sound, and I think the game was very well done. Seems to me to be a cross between Pac-Man and Mouse Trap.

It is a fun game once you get the hang of it, and it has excellent artwork and music. The game sounds and looks absolutely beautiful. I think it could be better if it was a little more responsive, though. I think it suffers a little on the controls side.

I used to reliably be able to get up to the "devils" screen, but those skills have since waned.

Just sold my copy of Thunder Castle. Great graphics and sounds, but I too found it a little slow and tedious. Had they incorporated something else into the gameplay, might have made it more interesting. Picking up something like bread crumbs that Hansel and Gretel (or whatever) dropped around the maze. Guess it would be more of a Pac-Man clone, but at least you'd have something more to do than waiting for something to accidentally come your way and hoping that whatever needs to be slayed happens to be nearby. :lol:

Im the one who bought save2600's Thundercastle and I agree with the posts above could have had more but for the time it came out it was a pretty good adventure type game definitely had some influence form Atari's Adventure.

Only owned it a few days but I get a little further each time I play. I do like the graphics and sound but the controller can be awkward but thats the intellivision

It is tied with Diner for being my second favorite Intellivision game of all time. On the board with the Wizards/Monks i have an easier time depending on the maze layout. There is quite a few random layouts it throws at you for each of the 3 levels. I would guess there is at least 6 different layouts per level that it may throw at you (could be more, not sure). They all have their pluses and Minuses and learning curve.

I never thought of the game as slow. The game does speed up quite a bit after you get past level 3 and flip it and start over again.