Photo

Redemption calibration problems

5 replies to this topic

#1 Gaztee OFFLINE  

Gaztee

Stargunner

• 1,177 posts

Posted Wed Feb 1, 2012 7:30 PM

Finally got my grubby mitts on a redemption controller, but I'm having problems calibrating it to work with a cx40 or genesis/md pad. The instructions say to push the controller in all 4 directions before you start a game for the first time, but I can't get it to work. All that happens is that the ship (centipede) goes off in a NE direction & won't move any where else. With keystone kapers Kelly just runs left straight into the elevator & I can't get him out!
What am I doing wrong? I'm doing the calibration after the boot up screen!
Cheers in advance
Gaz

#2 Gaztee OFFLINE  

Gaztee

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,177 posts

Posted Thu Feb 9, 2012 8:45 PM

Nobody got squat for me?? :(

#3 sdamon ONLINE  

sdamon

Stargunner

• 1,044 posts

Posted Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:38 AM

I don't have a Redemption, but I do know there is a calibration pot inside the 5200 itself that may help. Pics of where it is located can be found in this thread:

http://www.atariage...._1#entry2280867

#4 Gaztee OFFLINE  

Gaztee

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,177 posts

Posted Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:21 AM

I don't have a Redemption, but I do know there is a calibration pot inside the 5200 itself that may help. Pics of where it is located can be found in this thread:

http://www.atariage...._1#entry2280867

Thanks for the info, but I don't think that exactly what I'm after. Guess I will have to PM Albert as he was in on the design of the Redemption I believe!

#5 Prodos8 OFFLINE  

Prodos8

River Patroller

• 2,259 posts
  • Where is John Galt?

Posted Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:26 PM

You need to adjust the little centering pot inside your 5200 console. I made a masterplay clone for myself and it basically didn't work at all until I properly adjusted the little pot inside the console.

I used Super Break Out to make the adjustment but Missle Command will work as well, just turn the thing a few times back and forth and then, with your redemption plugged in the controller port, adjust it so that the paddle/cursor is centered on your screen. After you do this your Redemption should work just fine. I know on some games, Galaxian comes to mind, you have to kinda thrash the stick around a few times before they work even after you make the centering pot adjustment.

Attached Thumbnails

• A5200_pots.JPG

Edited by Prodos8, Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:29 PM.

#6 Gaztee OFFLINE  

Gaztee

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,177 posts

Posted Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:57 PM

You need to adjust the little centering pot inside your 5200 console. I made a masterplay clone for myself and it basically didn't work at all until I properly adjusted the little pot inside the console.

I used Super Break Out to make the adjustment but Missle Command will work as well, just turn the thing a few times back and forth and then, with your redemption plugged in the controller port, adjust it so that the paddle/cursor is centered on your screen. After you do this your Redemption should work just fine. I know on some games, Galaxian comes to mind, you have to kinda thrash the stick around a few times before they work even after you make the centering pot adjustment.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot later in the week :)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users