IGNORED

Redemption calibration problems

Gaztee

Finally got my grubby mitts on a redemption controller, but I'm having problems calibrating it to work with a cx40 or genesis/md pad. The instructions say to push the controller in all 4 directions before you start a game for the first time, but I can't get it to work. All that happens is that the ship (centipede) goes off in a NE direction & won't move any where else. With keystone kapers Kelly just runs left straight into the elevator & I can't get him out!

What am I doing wrong? I'm doing the calibration after the boot up screen!

Cheers in advance

Gaz

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have a Redemption, but I do know there is a calibration pot inside the 5200 itself that may help. Pics of where it is located can be found in this thread:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/181930-my-5200-is-acting-kinda-strange/page__p__2280867__hl__calibration%20pot__fromsearch__1?do=findComment&comment=2280867

I don't have a Redemption, but I do know there is a calibration pot inside the 5200 itself that may help. Pics of where it is located can be found in this thread:

http://www.atariage...._1#entry2280867

Thanks for the info, but I don't think that exactly what I'm after. Guess I will have to PM Albert as he was in on the design of the Redemption I believe!

You need to adjust the little centering pot inside your 5200 console. I made a masterplay clone for myself and it basically didn't work at all until I properly adjusted the little pot inside the console.

I used Super Break Out to make the adjustment but Missle Command will work as well, just turn the thing a few times back and forth and then, with your redemption plugged in the controller port, adjust it so that the paddle/cursor is centered on your screen. After you do this your Redemption should work just fine. I know on some games, Galaxian comes to mind, you have to kinda thrash the stick around a few times before they work even after you make the centering pot adjustment.

post-7533-0-13193100-1329096595_thumb.jpg

Edited by Prodos8

You need to adjust the little centering pot inside your 5200 console. I made a masterplay clone for myself and it basically didn't work at all until I properly adjusted the little pot inside the console.

I used Super Break Out to make the adjustment but Missle Command will work as well, just turn the thing a few times back and forth and then, with your redemption plugged in the controller port, adjust it so that the paddle/cursor is centered on your screen. After you do this your Redemption should work just fine. I know on some games, Galaxian comes to mind, you have to kinda thrash the stick around a few times before they work even after you make the centering pot adjustment.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot later in the week :)