Developing USB adaptor for Colecovision & Intellivision controllers

102 replies to this topic

#101 Inky ONLINE  

Inky

Just a regular dude.

• 24,991 posts
  • Meh

Posted Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:00 AM

Was it purchased recently?  They ship with the latest firmware already installed.  Last firmware change was June '16.

What happens and what do you have to do to get it connected again?  Do you think it is just a particular controller?  Or how long it has be connected?

I have seen on the 2600-daptors sometimes the USB connection is reset when the controller is changed (particularly with the 2600 keypad), but it reconnects itself.  The situation is different on the Vision-daptor, as you need to unplug/replug the USB when changing controllers.

Tom

http://2600-daptor.com/

OK, I will have to update the firmware then, because I purchased it in Feb. or March of last year.

It seems to happen after about a minute or so.  I have a few other controllers to tryout.  I'll try to test them at some point tonight.

#102 Inky ONLINE  

Inky

Just a regular dude.

• 24,991 posts
  • Meh

Posted Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:41 AM

I pinned the issue down, and was able to fix it.  I went into the windows properties of the vision dapter, and every time I used the Super Action Controller, and pressed up and right, the drivers would crash.  I updated the firmware on the device, and now it works without issue.

#103 ClassicGMR OFFLINE  

ClassicGMR

Stargunner

• 1,049 posts

Posted Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:39 PM

That's an interesting crash. Nice catch.

I haven't used any Super Action Controllers yet but they're on my wants list. I'll definitely be doing the firmware update this week. :)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users