IGNORED

The Stickler... sucks.....

LS650

I have seen mention of The Stickler joystick addon for the Intellivision controllers. I ordered a pair for 5.99 plus shipping from Atari2600.com. They arrived yesterday and I installed them (very easy to do).

I tried playing several different games with them and found I prefer the regular discs. The joystick work, but I found that sometimes they get stuck or feel awkward. I couldn't finish even the first screen in Donkey Kong. I then swapped the control discs back in and immediately ran through the first four or five screens without losing a life!

Conclusion: I wasted $6 plus shipping. I guess those Intellivision controllers aren't so bad after all!

Edited by ls650

I wrote about this recently. The Sticklers work great in my controllers, never got stuck, but I did not like them for a majority of original Intellivision games. For the arcade translations from the 3rd party carts, they blow away the disc. In my system anyway. I wonder if people with excessive wear on their controllers could adversely affect The Sticklers? If the disc opening has been shaved to where the Stickler might get stuck... I don't know.

I wonder how well those external snap on joysticks work comparatively. I'd be afraid of marking up my controller using those though.

Yes i agree the Sticklers stick on me too. I would rather use the disc. And here is my video about them. It is me playing Burgertime and giving my opinion of them as i'm playing, plus a overall opinion starting at 8:45

Even though i don't like them and they stuck on me twice i still ended up with a really good Burgertime score. :)

And here are 2 other stickler opinions from a couple of friends of mine

if your joystick sticks, try taking the controller apart and put back together again. your spring might be positioned wrong. mine dont stick and i personally prefer them. also since they are probably injection molded, check for sharp edging and file down if needed, cause that too may be what is sticking.

Edited by pimpmaul69

i recant my statement . i dont play alot, but i tried to play auto racing and the joysticks do not work at all on that game. i then removed them. maybe if i get an intv ii i will put one on one of the controllers so i can switch back and forth. maybe they work better in a sears model since that is what they show it in.