IGNORED

Video Game Critic's new website design

Color scheme is like staring into the sun. I generally like reading the VGC's reviews but, man, his site has always had a way of burning my retinas. I was thankful when he finally allowed readers to switch to black text on white.

It's good to see him try something different but I'm not a fan of the new layout. Besides the eye-murdering color scheme I'm not a fan of pull-down menus on web sites. They're clunky and not as elegant and forgiving as on an OS. Plus, it's actually a step back from having everything right there to click on. It helped clean things up but there could have been a better way.

• Like 3

Color scheme is like staring into the sun. I generally like reading the VGC's reviews but, man, his site has always had a way of burning my retinas. I was thankful when he finally allowed readers to switch to black text on white.

It's good to see him try something different but I'm not a fan of the new layout. Besides the eye-murdering color scheme I'm not a fan of pull-down menus on web sites. They're clunky and not as elegant and forgiving as on an OS. Plus, it's actually a step back from having everything right there to click on. It helped clean things up but there could have been a better way.

Strange, I like the white text on black background color scheme better. Black on white just isn't as easy on the eyes for me.

Edited by Animan

Strange, I like the white text on black background color scheme better. Black on white just isn't as easy on the eyes for me.

Yeah, everyone's different in that regard. Just try reading that for a while then switch to a site like AtariAge and tell me your eyes don't scream in agony as they try to adjust back. :lol:

Yeah, everyone's different in that regard. Just try reading that for a while then switch to a site like AtariAge and tell me your eyes don't scream in agony as they try to adjust back. :lol:

Doesn't bother me that much. I used to use the darker AtariAge skin, but it wouldn't work with the AtariAge chatroom for some reason, so I had to switch back to the regular skin.