* Due to changes in the debugger, old state files will not work with this release.
* Fixed bug in sound restructuring introduced in the last release; in some cases, there could be some sound 'crackling' when starting a ROM after at least one ROM had already been loaded.
* Several significant improvements to the debugger I/O tab:
- added controller input widgets for many of the built-in controllers, allowing to control joysticks, paddles, etc from within the debugger.
- added ability to modify the SWCHB/SWBCNT port B registers.
- added ability to view TIA INPTx and VBLANK latch/dump bits.
* Reworked 'mcontrol' argument, and added ability to map the mouse axes separately for paddles 0-3 or driving controllers 0-1. In such modes, the left mouse button is tied to the x-axis, and the right button is tied to the y-axis.
* Mouse 'specific-axis' mode is now saved per-ROM, meaning that each ROM can have separate settings. For example, this allows one ROM to use paddles 0 and 1, while another can use paddles 0 and 2, etc.
* The key-combo for switching the mouse between controller modes is now 'Control-0' (Control-1,2,3 have been removed). This switches between all possible modes for the current virtual controllers.
* Fixed bug in 'Fixed Debug Colors' mode; under certain circumstances, playfield graphics could be coloured as being player graphics.
* Fixed bug in PAL color-loss setting in Video Settings; changing the settings wouldn't take effect until the ROM was reloaded.
* Fixed bugs with cheatcode handling; loading a ROM with a cheat disabled would sometimes trash the emulation. More work is required in this area, including the ability to create more advanced types of cheats.
* Updated ROM properties database for all Sega Genesis controller compatible ROMs. Also, the mouse can now emulate a Genesis controller, with the left/right buttons mapped to buttons B and C, respectively.
* Added 'FA2' bankswitch scheme, thanks to code from Chris D. Walton. This scheme will be used in an upcoming 'Star Castle' ROM.
* Updated internal ROM properties database to ROM-Hunter version 7 (thanks go to RomHunter for his tireless research in this area).
* Added several PERL tools to help in automation of analyzing RomHunter ROM set releases.
* Fixed compile issues in Irix when using the default compiler instead of gcc. Thanks go to Rainer M. Canavan for this code.
* Updated included PNG library to latest stable version.
As usual, Stella can be downloaded from the Stella webpage. Feedback and bug reports can be done through this thread or by email.
On a slightly related note, the DonationWare option has been good. I've received several gifts, as well as a good price on a nice Commodore 128D, which I've since purchased. Look for a webpage on that one sometime soon, where I'll showcase my systems. Thanks again for all the support!