IGNORED

ASTRO WAR

SoundGammon

I've always felt the game had a lot of potential but as maiki says it feels more like a proto. It would be nice to see a refined version of this game... :)

Also, this is the first time I've seen an NTSC version as well. I always thought of this as a PAL region 'cash-in' game...

In my collection known as: Astrowar (Unknown)

Hmmm...I must not be searching correctly. I tried to search on your site with the keywords Astro War, Astrowar, and then Unknown. I still can not see where the NTSC ROM for this game is.

Unless it is only listed in the actual ROM collection and not found on the site? :ponder:

If so, do you have a list of the other NTSC titles that are like this as well?

Thanks!

I had the same game (PAL version), but mine was called "Sea Monster". It was one of the first heavily discounted games I got. It didn't have a cardboard box, instead it came in a plastic bag with an instruction sheet which called the game "Missile War". But the version I had was actually a bit different from the one posted here. In the version I had, the background color changes on each score multiplier increase, and so does the enemy speed.

I've always felt the game had a lot of potential but as maiki says it feels more like a proto. It would be nice to see a refined version of this game... :)

Also, this is the first time I've seen an NTSC version as well. I always thought of this as a PAL region 'cash-in' game...

That's exactly what it was. The taiwanese developed terrible games taht they tried to sell to unsuspecting buyers in europe. Some of them were hacks of other games, like Space Robot and so i dont think they felt as comfortable selling in the US for legal reasons. There is evidence that they did sell there, but either because of the crash or for legal reasons they stopped.

In my collection known as: Astrowar (Unknown)

Hmmm...I must not be searching correctly. I tried to search on your site with the keywords Astro War, Astrowar, and then Unknown. I still can not see where the NTSC ROM for this game is.

Unless it is only listed in the actual ROM collection and not found on the site? :ponder:

If so, do you have a list of the other NTSC titles that are like this as well?

Thanks!

Yes, it's in my actual ROM colection.

Not in the database, because it's still... Unknown

Most ROMs in my collection with (Unknown) in the .bin title are not our database.

As soon as they are known, they will be archived in our database.

8)

Yes, it's in my actual ROM colection.

Not in the database, because it's still... Unknown

Most ROMs in my collection with (Unknown) in the .bin title are not our database.

As soon as they are known, they will be archived in our database.

Ah ha! Thanks Rom, I will search for the "unkown" bins and add them to my NTSC harmony set as needed.

I have a few carts in NTSC format that I wish I could dump and send to you. You could move them from the unkown to the known list.

I have some CCE, Taiwan-Cooper, and others that were more easily available in PAL, but were not released in NTSC until they were released by the overseas "pirate-like" companies. However, I still consider them NTSC releases as it is the first (and sometimes only) way they were released in NTSC format.

I have a few carts in NTSC format that I wish I could dump and send to you. You could move them from the unkown to the known list.

I have some CCE, Taiwan-Cooper, and others that were more easily available in PAL, but were not released in NTSC until they were released by the overseas "pirate-like" companies. However, I still consider them NTSC releases as it is the first (and sometimes only) way they were released in NTSC format.

Thanks, but first priority have the ROMs on this list:

http://www.atariage....ost__p__1257686

Anyone who can dump a .bin from that list, please do.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter