IGNORED

Atari Lynx Homebrew...

AtariLynx Lover

On the Cartridge of the next game there will be enough space for bonus games.

If i fast enough i will show here my new project this weekend.

Sorry sage, i taked a hard deadline for Lynxopoly, and there where some other things that going wrong.

I learned many things about finishing a project, and some things i can organize better with this knowledge.

Regards

Matashen

My regards and Best Wishes, Matashen.

Sorry for double posting

Edited by AtariLynx Lover

No chance to upload it. It is not mine. I can send it to Sage in case he has lost it.

As none of the demos which i put ther is working completly and some of the stuff wont run in the emulator actually I do not see a good reason to put it to public.

If it run on real hardware i know ~100 user of the FlashCard who are maybe interested... ;)

Edited by Lynxman

No chance to upload it. It is not mine. I can send it to Sage in case he has lost it.

As none of the demos which i put ther is working completly and some of the stuff wont run in the emulator actually I do not see a good reason to put it to public.

If it run on real hardware i know ~100 user of the FlashCard who are maybe interested... ;)

I plan on getting alashcard when i have the money, if it works on a lynx one.

In 2005 when we were working on MegaPak I got some nice minigames that never went to the cart. Some games were released later by the developers like Yastuna 1 & 2. There was also a very nice collection made by Sage that was very enjoyable. I still have it on my PSP as it has an absolutely superb Sudoku on it (and three other games too). According to Sage they were all downloadable from his site already in 2004. But now as I look at the site I cannot find them. This is kind of sad as the cart is a very nice hobby-release. I wonder if I have the only copy of it? The collection was called Evolution. It has a nice animated menu - round moving block that zooms in and out. At least I could not find it in the list of unreleased hobby games.

You were right, one archive with old beta releases was not surviving the server change.

I put it up again.

One reason I did not want to put too many betas up was the bad experience with ROM collector sites which started "mirroring" beta releases which resulted in the fact that the oldest betas were availabe on their site while nobody had the chance to see that there was a much newer version available.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to see and happily pay good money for the privledge of playing a good RPG in the classic FF/Zelda styles on the Lynx.

A side note: I love playing the Lynx and find it a real joy to use. Its a shame there are not more games for the Lynx. Something that I have discovered is that i find it much easier to play Lynx left handed unfortunately none of the other consoles/handhelds allow me to do this. The exception being the SMS with its "Arcade Stick" type thing. Oh and some early Atari paddles and such.

Back on topic: Is there anyway we can support the developers of the projects that are considered in 'Development Hell'? It frustrates me to think something close or near close to completion is sat not doing anything. I am happy to pay hard earned to get these titles moving forward. Also it excites me to think that there are still games being made.

My personal dream would be to see something such as a classic JRPG on the Lynx. Something with a large amount of depth. Thats always been my 'beef' with the Lynx. Everything is mainly quick fix arcade-style type stuff. This is fantastic of course but just wanna be able to enjoy something 'uniquely special' on the Lynx.

To the hobbyists, funsters, semi professionals out there who keep the Lynx going. Many thanks! :-)

I would love to see and happily pay good money for the privledge of playing a good RPG in the classic FF/Zelda styles on the Lynx.

Aaaarrrggghhh! You can´ t play an RPG in the Zelda style because ZELDA IS NOT AN RPG!!!

;)

No offense, it´ s just a thing I hate to read whenever somebody writes it.

A side note: I love playing the Lynx and find it a real joy to use. Its a shame there are not more games for the Lynx. Something that I have discovered is that i find it much easier to play Lynx left handed unfortunately none of the other consoles/handhelds allow me to do this. The exception being the SMS with its "Arcade Stick" type thing. Oh and some early Atari paddles and such.

Back on topic: Is there anyway we can support the developers of the projects that are considered in 'Development Hell'? It frustrates me to think something close or near close to completion is sat not doing anything. I am happy to pay hard earned to get these titles moving forward. Also it excites me to think that there are still games being made.

My personal dream would be to see something such as a classic JRPG on the Lynx. Something with a large amount of depth. Thats always been my 'beef' with the Lynx. Everything is mainly quick fix arcade-style type stuff. This is fantastic of course but just wanna be able to enjoy something 'uniquely special' on the Lynx.

To the hobbyists, funsters, semi professionals out there who keep the Lynx going. Many thanks! :-)

Zelda is not an Rpg.

Games considered in development hell... they aren't any really, though Distant Lands and Ultavore have been in development for 12 years... However they are still being programmed, slowly though... Distant Lands will have ahem... a large world map, storyline...

If you want n RPG try Daemonsgate, it hasn't been completed but it's huge anyway.

There are currently two RPG's in development for the Lynx, DragonSaga by Ninjabba and Distant Lands by Songbird Productions....

RPG's with depth? It is very difficult to craft a half-way good RPG story, though Distant Lands seems to be succeeding, though we don't know anything about it...

Carl Forhan, if you are reading this, there is still people waiting for Distant Lands! I'm waiting for it (and it's been in development since I was born, though I first read about it in '11), He's waiting for it, a lot of people are! Please finish it... soon....

why do you want the Lynx games soo fast?

You can´t play it without a Lynx ;)

Well with emulation you can at least check out whether the console portfolio (of commercial games) is your thing or not. I know I have. Only with emulation I have learnt that the Wonderswan game portfolio is nothing for me but Lynx and Neo Geo Pocket would be what I wanted so I was looking for them. Insterestingly, only AFTER having gotten a Lynx I have registered here ;)

I´m glad there is an active HB scene. Even if sports games are not exactly my thing (and therefore last year I missed a good opportunity to get Relief Pitcher, with now I regret a little), the arcade, fighting games and board game homebrew projects are making me impatient to see them on real hardware, hopefully soon this year :)

Edited by Atari_afternoon

why do you want the Lynx games soo fast?

You can´t play it without a Lynx ;)

Well with emulation you can at least check out whether the console portfolio (of commercial games) is your thing or not. I know I have. Only with emulation I have learnt that the Wonderswan game portfolio is nothing for me but Lynx and Neo Geo Pocket would be what I wanted so I was looking for them. Insterestingly, only AFTER having gotten a Lynx I have registered here ;)

I´m glad there is an active HB scene. Even if sports games are not exactly my thing (and therefore last year I missed a good opportunity to get Relief Pitcher, with now I regret a little), the arcade, fighting games and board game homebrew projects are making me impatient to see them on real hardware, hopefully soon this year :)

Get lynxopoly for board game