Not everyone knows that all of the Atari 2600 Power Supplies made back in the day, including original ones, were unregulated AC/DC Adapters.
This means that the outputted voltage was not stabilized and, as a result, the poor A2600 was continuously feeded with a voltage fluctuating between 9,8V and 10,4V.
Not only - The provided current was unclean and badly filtered, which stressed the Atari 2600 causing heat issues and premature failures.
Well, back in the day most of the issues on consoles and home computers were caused by ICs dying after power pack failure.
The Deluxe Atari 2600 Power Supply is an efficient item which delivers a current which is not only stable, but clean and properly filtered.
Furthermore, being it tiny and lightweight, shipping is obviously much cheaper than an heavy, 30 years old, obsolete Atari 2600 AC/DC Adaptor.
In a bunch of words, the Atari 2600 Deluxe Power Supply adds longevity and relief to your console.
• OVP (OverVoltage Protection)
• Highly Filtered SMPS (Switching Module Power Supply)
• 100~240V (Worldwide Usage)
These SMPS are Made in Italy (they're not Chinese adapters), they've been tested for more than 4 hours using a Woody Atari 2600 and this is a Limited Edition.
• Buyers from France, Italy, Germany and Switzerland will be able to use the Atari 2600 Deluxe Power Supply without the need of any adapter
• Buyers from Europe will receive, for free, a a Brand-New IT to EU Plug Adapter (Picture)
• Buyers from United Kingdow will receive, for free, a a Brand-New IT to UK Plug Adapter (Picture)
• Buyers from the United States will receive, for free, a Brand-New EU to US Plug Adapter (Picture)
SHIPPING: €6,60 (EU); €7,40 (Outside Of EU)
Edited by Oge, Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:01 AM.