Photo

For Sale: Atari 2600 Deluxe Power Supply (110/220VAC)

PSU Atari 2600 A2600 Power Supply 9VDC AC/DC Adaptor Adapter

15 replies to this topic

#1 Oge OFFLINE  

Oge

Star Raider

• 86 posts

Posted Thu Feb 9, 2012 6:11 AM

PREFACTION:
Not everyone knows that all of the Atari 2600 Power Supplies made back in the day, including original ones, were unregulated AC/DC Adapters.

This means that the outputted voltage was not stabilized and, as a result, the poor A2600 was continuously feeded with a voltage fluctuating between 9,8V and 10,4V.

Not only - The provided current was unclean and badly filtered, which stressed the Atari 2600 causing heat issues and premature failures.

Well, back in the day most of the issues on consoles and home computers were caused by ICs dying after power pack failure.

DESCRIPTION:
The Deluxe Atari 2600 Power Supply is an efficient item which delivers a current which is not only stable, but clean and properly filtered.

Furthermore, being it tiny and lightweight, shipping is obviously much cheaper than an heavy, 30 years old, obsolete Atari 2600 AC/DC Adaptor.

In a bunch of words, the Atari 2600 Deluxe Power Supply adds longevity and relief to your console.

SPECIFICATIONS:
• 9VDC@500mA
• OVP (OverVoltage Protection)
• Highly Filtered SMPS (Switching Module Power Supply)
• 100~240V (Worldwide Usage)

IMPORTANT NOTES:
These SMPS are Made in Italy (they're not Chinese adapters), they've been tested for more than 4 hours using a Woody Atari 2600 and this is a Limited Edition.

EU/UK/US USAGE:
Buyers from France, Italy, Germany and Switzerland will be able to use the Atari 2600 Deluxe Power Supply without the need of any adapter
Buyers from Europe will receive, for free, a a Brand-New IT to EU Plug Adapter (Picture)
Buyers from United Kingdow will receive, for free, a a Brand-New IT to UK Plug Adapter (Picture)
Buyers from the United States will receive, for free, a Brand-New EU to US Plug Adapter (Picture)

PICTURES:
Posted Image

Posted Image

PRICE: €14,99
SHIPPING: €6,60 (EU); €7,40 (Outside Of EU)
AVAILABILITY: X2

Cheers,
Oge

Edited by Oge, Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:01 AM.

#2 Stan OFFLINE  

Stan

River Patroller

• 3,488 posts
  • 世嘉电子智能机好极了!

Posted Thu Feb 9, 2012 9:11 AM

This is the greatest thing I've ever seen. So, sorry if this is stupid, but this will work on an NTSC system too, correct? How about a Jr. model?

#3 atari2atari OFFLINE  

atari2atari

Dragonstomper

• 524 posts
  • Spoken, not slurred.

Posted Thu Feb 9, 2012 9:53 AM

This is the greatest thing I've ever seen. So, sorry if this is stupid, but this will work on an NTSC system too, correct? How about a Jr. model?

I liked it, too, and was tempted - - but that's a European plug.

I don't think there is a way to switch out that double-prong and put in a U.S.-compatible one, is there? Some things like that are modular, and include the different sets for each country, but that thing looks kinda' welded on there . . .

-a2a

#4 Oge OFFLINE  

Oge

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 86 posts

Posted Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:54 PM

Yes: it works on NTSC Atari 2600s. And it works on A2600 Junior as well.

I don't think there is a way to switch out that double-prong and put in a U.S.-compatible one, is there? Some things like that are modular, and include the different sets for each country, but that thing looks kinda' welded on there . . .

There are 2 Pin to IEC adapters if I recall correctly.

#5 Oge OFFLINE  

Oge

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 86 posts

Posted Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:35 AM

Only a few available. :)

Cheers,
Oge

#6 Oge OFFLINE  

Oge

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 86 posts

Posted Tue May 8, 2012 12:49 PM

Thread was updated with new informations and Brand-New Italy to US/UK/EU Plug Adapters are now available: they will be included for free.

Cheers,
Oge

#7 toymailman OFFLINE  

toymailman

Stargunner

• 1,987 posts

Posted Tue May 8, 2012 11:00 PM

PM sent.

#8 Oge OFFLINE  

Oge

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 86 posts

Posted Fri Jun 1, 2012 2:48 AM

Almost sold out (..same applies for Italy to US Plug Adapters). The Power Supply will work everywhere (100/240V to be exact) :)

Cheers,
Oge

Edited by Oge, Fri Jun 1, 2012 2:50 AM.

#9 Oge OFFLINE  

Oge

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 86 posts

Posted Sat Jul 7, 2012 5:47 AM

Two units available as I write... By the way, I know that some AtariAgers already use and like it. :)

Cheers,
Oge

#10 Oge OFFLINE  

Oge

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 86 posts

Posted Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:23 AM

Users from Spain, Italy, France and Germany will be able to use the A2600 Deluxe Switching Power Supply without the need of any Adapter.

The other ones will receive the proper one for free.

Cheers,
Oge

Edited by Oge, Thu Sep 6, 2012 2:48 AM.

#11 ukyo.tachibana OFFLINE  

ukyo.tachibana

Combat Commando

• 8 posts
  • meditating

Posted Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:49 PM

PM'd

#12 Oge OFFLINE  

Oge

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 86 posts

Posted Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:57 AM

Up.

Cheers,
Oge

#13 Oge OFFLINE  

Oge

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 86 posts

Posted Thu Sep 6, 2012 2:48 AM

Description was updated. Luckily, I've found some IT (Italian) to US (United States) adapters... As it seems that no one makes them anymore.

Cheers,
Oge

Edited by Oge, Thu Sep 6, 2012 2:50 AM.

#14 OBO OFFLINE  

OBO

Moonsweeper

• 421 posts

Posted Thu Sep 6, 2012 3:26 AM

Pm'd :)

#15 Oge OFFLINE  

Oge

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 86 posts

Posted Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:56 PM

Only one available.

Cheers,
Oge

#16 Oge OFFLINE  

Oge

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 86 posts

Posted Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:01 AM

Found another two units of the Atari 2600 Deluxe Switching Power Supply. Quantity was updated as well.

Cheers,
Oge

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PSU, Atari 2600, A2600, Power Supply, 9VDC, AC/DC Adaptor, Adapter

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users