IGNORED

For Sale: Atari 2600 Deluxe Power Supply (110/220VAC)

Oge

INTRODUCTION:
Not everyone knows that ALL of the Power Supplies built back in the day - including original ones - were unregulated AC/DC Adapters.

Which means that the outputted voltage was not stabilized. As a result the poor Atari 2600 was continuously feeded with a voltage fluctuating between 9.8 and 10.40V.

Not only - The provided current was spikey and badly filtered, which stressed the console causing heat issues thus premature failures. No wonder that, back in the day, most of the issues on both Consoles and Home Computers were caused by ICs dying after power pack failure.

DESCRIPTION:
The Deluxe Atari 2600 Power Supply is an efficient item which delivers a current which is not only stable but also clean and properly filtered.

Furthermore, being it tiny and lightweight, shipping is obviously much cheaper than a heavy, 30 years old, obsolete Atari 2600 AC/DC Adapter.

The Atari 2600 Deluxe Power Supply adds longevity and relief to your console.

SPECIFICATIONS:
• 9VDC@500mA
• OVP (OverVoltage Protection)
• Highly Filtered S.M.P.S. (Switching Module Power Supply)
• 100~240V (Worldwide Usage)

PICTURE:

Web_Show_02.jpg

PRICE: €18,80

SHIPPING:
€6,80 (EU);
€8,80 (United States, Canada & Australia)

Edited by Oge

This is the greatest thing I've ever seen. So, sorry if this is stupid, but this will work on an NTSC system too, correct? How about a Jr. model?

I liked it, too, and was tempted - - but that's a European plug.

I don't think there is a way to switch out that double-prong and put in a U.S.-compatible one, is there? Some things like that are modular, and include the different sets for each country, but that thing looks kinda' welded on there . . .

-a2a

• 2 weeks later...

This is the greatest thing I've ever seen. So, sorry if this is stupid, but this will work on an NTSC system too, correct? How about a Jr. model?

Yes: it works on NTSC Atari 2600s. And it works on A2600 Junior as well.

I don't think there is a way to switch out that double-prong and put in a U.S.-compatible one, is there? Some things like that are modular, and include the different sets for each country, but that thing looks kinda' welded on there . . .

There are 2 Pin to IEC adapters if I recall correctly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Users from Spain, Italy, France and Germany will be able to use the A2600 Deluxe Switching Power Supply without the need of any Adapter.

The other ones will receive the proper one for free.

Cheers,

Oge

Edited by Oge

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...