IGNORED

Your free games for PS Plus

cimerians

Anyone care to share what they "own" for subscribing? I have categorized all my free games with the word "Free". That way I know what I'm losing if I ever decide to cancel my Pus subscription. I was thinking about canceling soon but right now my library of free games is rather huge. I guess its one way to keep me locked in.

I currently got Simpsons Arcade this week for free and Final Fantasy V. I'll try and list all of them later when I get home but I wanted to see what people have snagged in case I missed out on something....

Huh?!? Why/How should games you already own go away?

The "free" games available only for Plus members I believe aren't available for purchase otherwise. So to use them you must be a Plus member. Drop your subscription and Sony takes back the benefits. It's a way to keep you hooked, especially if you liked any of the things you've downloaded that was plus exclusive, but also to prevent people from signing up for a month, downloading all the exclusives, then dropping Plus again.

The "free" games available only for Plus members I believe aren't available for purchase otherwise. So to use them you must be a Plus member. Drop your subscription and Sony takes back the benefits. It's a way to keep you hooked, especially if you liked any of the things you've downloaded that was plus exclusive, but also to prevent people from signing up for a month, downloading all the exclusives, then dropping Plus again.

You're saying that when canceling the plus subscription Sony will delete stuff from your PS3s hardisk? Or will it just stop working somehow?

You're saying that when canceling the plus subscription Sony will delete stuff from your PS3s hardisk? Or will it just stop working somehow?

That I'm unsure of. It's been a while since I saw articles about it going around. I would guess it would just stop working.

http://community.us....tart=0&tstart=0

From the looks of it here, the plus content you get is on a timer....

(So it's best to assume any plus exclusives are rentals at best. The same way any DLC on PSN/Live are only rentals if they require an internet connection to play.)

Edited by Mord

The way I understand it, freebies go poof, but discounts are yours to keep. Right?

According to the article I linked, yeah. Also any avatars/themes you get with plus are yours to keep as well.

Correct.

This is all you need to know:

If you pay for something you keep it. Enjoy the discount for being a plus member just like a Gold user on Xbox.

You can always tell if something is "free" by the warning message that comes up when you "buy" it. Rule of thumb: If no message appears then its yours to keep.

The message is basically saying "Hey you. This is only free if you continue subscribing. Are you sure you want to download this game?"

They dont disappear.

If you cancel membership and re-subscribe you can start playing those games again.

Its pretty damn sweet if you subscribe for a long time. Cause they only put up a couple free downloads a week. I got a ton of free games just for being a Plus member this past year. I can't imagine having this on the 360. I was a GOLD member for long ass time. I would have hundreds of Xbox 360 games by now if Microsoft did this. Come on Microsoft!!!!!

My list:

Magic the Gathering Duels of the Planeswalkers

Simpsons Arcade

Hydrophobia Prophecy

Swords & Soldiers

Crash Team Racing (PS1)

FF V (PS1)

Crash Bandicoot 2 (PS1)

Altered Beast

Comix Zone

Streets of Rage 2

Sonic 2

Golden Axe

Bomberman Ultra

Minis:

Hungry Giraffe

Meco Wars

Stick Man Rescue

A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks

Mad Blocker Alpha

Revoltin Youth

Ninjamurai

Where is My Heart

Age of Zombies

Astro Tripper

Bashi Blocks

Burn Zombie Burn!

Scary Girl

Guerilla War

Me Monstar

The 2D Adventures of Rotating Octapus

The games stay on your drive and you still see them, but they are labeled "expired". I let my subscription lapse. I imagine if I re-subscribe that stuff will be re-activated.

Sony came out with a great music streaming service about a year ago. Ever since I have used my PS3 for music and my 360 for games. In other words, instead of spending the Playstation Plus subscription + 30-40$ a month for other stuff on PSN, I pay $10 a month to listen to music. Not sure that's what Sony was going for.