IGNORED

Watch out for cosmic commuter NIB- not from a collection

atari181

Just want to give a heads up on this auction, Not sure if anyone else noticed, but this seller is a Venezuala seller and has sold at least another copy of this game. He is a NOS seller but, e is smart and isn't flooding the market all at once, I assume a cache of these has been found. So dont go too crazy on the bids.

As stated in his auction:

"The item is brand new and it has never been used. It has been in my collection for about 25 years. Very hard to find and scarce. Sold as is due its age. Good luck and happy bidding!"

Not his personal collection unless he keeps multiples of new games in his collection

Unfortunately I am the high bidder at $62 right now, and just noticed he is a reseller not a collector, but wont be bidding any higher as I may be able to get it for $10 in a few months

If this was posted somewhere else sorry guys. Just

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1406960072921?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=140696007292&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Andre 181 - are you sure there are several boxes?

It'll be interesting to see how this goes... the last one sealed went for $250. I was lucky to get mine a few years back for a good price from a fellow AAer (it was the last in my Activision collection I needed). One part of my brain went "Hey, sell yours now and then buy it again when it's cheap". The other went "What are you doing? This is about the games, not about playing the stock market!" I think I'll listen to the latter. :)

Edit: and what exactly is the point of keeping bidders private? other than scaring off potential bidders (which is what it does for me)

Edited by Midnight Synergy

I am sure one of his feedbacks are for the exact same auction a month ago for $135. Same picture, everything the same. That being said he is only selling seale NIB games, he is from Venezuela, hand he is saying they are from his personal collection. Things just don't add up. I am positive enough to no be bidding on it anymore.

I need a sealed copy of CC and was thinking of going up to around $125 on it. I have no problem spending the money as long as I know the bottom isn't going to fall out like Ikari warriors and Motorodeo. Lots of collectors got fucked on that Venezuela find. Part of the hobby, I guess. I am not taking the chance

Edit: and what exactly is the point of keeping bidders private? other than scaring off potential bidders (which is what it does for me)

So the other people who have access to the same stock of games don't send offers to his bidders cause you can bet your ass almost all of them will get second chance offers.

This game is now worth $15 NIB trust me.

So the other people who have access to the same stock of games don't send offers to his bidders cause you can bet your ass almost all of them will get second chance offers.

This game is now worth $15 NIB trust me.

Signed!

Just want to give a heads up on this auction, Not sure if anyone else noticed, but this seller is a Venezuala seller and has sold at least another copy of this game. He is a NOS seller but, e is smart and isn't flooding the market all at once, I assume a cache of these has been found. So dont go too crazy on the bids.

"The item is brand new and it has never been used. It has been in my collection for about 25 years. Very hard to find and scarce. Sold as is due its age. Good luck and happy bidding!"

Not his personal collection unless he keeps multiples of new games in his collection

Unfortunately I am the high bidder at $62 right now, and just noticed he is a reseller not a collector, but wont be bidding any higher as I may be able to get it for $10 in a few months

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1406960072921?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=140696007292&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I just don't get it... why should the seller be hammered for having the foresight to save all these great games that are complete and unopened for upwards of 30 years. He isn't misleading in his description, they have been a part of his collection all these years and now he is willing to part with it (or part with them if he has multiple copies). Now everyone who is looking for this game needs to decide if they want to pony up and spend the money to get it right now or roll the dice that he has more that will eventually be put up for auction and you may get it for a better price.

I don't collect for the 2600, but I do for the ColecoVision and desperately want a ChopLifter CIB, which he has auctioned off two that I recall. The first went for around $175 a couple months ago and then the second (I missed the auction end :mad: ) recently went for ONLY $61. I'm hoping that he has some more and will gladly pay the price required to get this very hard to find CIB.

Keep'em coming Mr. Venezuela as I don't care if the rarity/value of the game goes down, all I care about is adding the games that I need to my collection finally. To me, that is priceless.

I just don't get it... why should the seller be hammered for having the foresight to save all these great games that are complete and unopened for upwards of 30 years. He isn't misleading in his description, they have been a part of his collection all these years and now he is willing to part with it (or part with them if he has multiple copies). Now everyone who is looking for this game needs to decide if they want to pony up and spend the money to get it right now or roll the dice that he has more that will eventually be put up for auction and you may get it for a better price.

I don't collect for the 2600, but I do for the ColecoVision and desperately want a ChopLifter CIB, which he has auctioned off two that I recall. The first went for around $175 a couple months ago and then the second (I missed the auction end :mad: ) recently went for ONLY $61. I'm hoping that he has some more and will gladly pay the price required to get this very hard to find CIB.

Keep'em coming Mr. Venezuela as I don't care if the rarity/value of the game goes down, all I care about is adding the games that I need to my collection finally. To me, that is priceless.

No one has slammed him, I was posting that it is not a single copy and to be wary of the price as it seemed there is more to come. Yes he is a bit dishonest in his description as the sellers in Venezuala are generally not the owners of the items they sell. They are selling them for the owner of the warehouse/ cache of items. Multiple sellers selling from the same warehouse is common. I don't think he is being honest.

That being said, I have purchased items on EBay several times from these sellers and twice from Edintv here on AA and another order pending with him right now.

So I have no problem with them selling them and don't think I have ever said so. I just want to make sure that the guys that are part Of the AA community don't overpay for an item that will be cheaper in a few months.

So I have no problem with them selling them and don't think I have ever said so. I just want to make sure that the guys that are part Of the AA community don't overpay for an item that will be cheaper in a few months.

The title that you choose for the thread, or should I say the first two words "Watch Out", makes me immediately think there is something amiss with the auction/seller. As I'm sure you know, words can be a very powerful tool and easily misconstrued.

Aside from that I applaud you for wanting to look out for fellow AA'ers :thumbsup: . As far as trying to prevent someone from overpaying on an item, the one drawback here is that there is no way to know for sure if the seller does indeed have more than one available to sell, so potential bidders have to weigh for themselves how high they are willing to go to finally get that cherished game and hope that it's enough.

Aside from that I applaud you for wanting to look out for fellow AA'ers :thumbsup: .

He's not looking after AAers ;) He's looking after his hip pocket. If he really cared about AAers he'd come out and state that he has 200 of these and offer them at $10 each.

He also did not ahve the foresight to save these nor are they from his personal collection of 25 years. He is merely stating that to try to cover the fact that he has hundreds of these, so he is being deceptive.

I fully understand what he is doing. He's in the business of selling second hand games at the highest price he possibly can. I'm not going to slam him for doing that - its a free market. I'm merely correcting your misconception that he in some way cares about us.

Also, I have yet to see an Atari game come out of the Venezuelan warehouses where there werent literally hundreds of copies, so you can be 100% that Shawn is correct. There are hundreds of these

Edited by Dino
  • Like 1

I have contacted 4 Venezulean sellers I have bought from in the past; none of them have/had a copy of this game? Perhaps this seller has a stash of his own?

Sometimes only one seller has the stash, but they are always big. Sometimes it takes the others a little while to locate some stock themselves and when that happens the market gets flooded

• Like 1

Aside from that I applaud you for wanting to look out for fellow AA'ers :thumbsup: .

He's not looking after AAers ;) He's looking after his hip pocket. If he really cared about AAers he'd come out and state that he has 200 of these and offer them at $10 each.

You haved this mixed up... I appluad atari181, not the Venezuelan seller.

For the rest of your post, you make some good points and I appreciate your feelings but in the end I don't care if the market gets flooded over a period of time with certain games and the rarity/value takes a big hit especially if it means I am finally able to acquire a game that I've been looking for. The value of a game, to me, is in owning and being able to appreciate it, not looking it up on some rarity list and wondering if and when one will become available and more importantly at a price that is fair and affordable.

As far as there being hundreds of a particular title stashed in these warehouses, someone had to make them, and it wasn't the Venezuelan warehouses/sellers. So the real blame for a big hit on rarity/value falls directly on the original manufacturer of said game for making so many damn copies. :ponder:

• 3 weeks later...