IGNORED

Pang for Colecovision

bfg.gamepassion

Hi.

I've decided to start this thread to present you a try to adapt the arcade game PANG to Colecovision. For the moment the major difficulty is to stabilize the speed of the game, too fast when there's not a lot collision detection to do (event with "VBL" synchronisation), or slowdowns where there's lot of collision. So, my first aim is is to succeed in slowdown the game, or speedup the game, and have a constant game speed. Then add what it lacks :)

Here is a video of the prototype in action.

http://youtu.be/i-a_T5KJpvY

I'd like to thank Crapahute for making sprites faster than lightning just before goind to holliday, and Youki for making me spontanioulsy (may be this word is frenglish :D) a mock of the first screen graphics show in this video.

• Like 5

Man, that looks so good! How many levels will there be?

For the moment, i'll try to insert the minimum requierement to do a maximum of level. That include : Vertical platform, Horizontal platform, H&V Breakable platform, ladders. The game will have limitation so i'll must cheat in designing level :D

My GP32/PC/dreamcast version of this game contains 28 levels. Let count a maximum of 80 bytes for a level, 30 levels took 2400 octets. For the moment the game took : 19705 bytes. Count 3 kbytes more for adding bonus, and ladder collision, some more pattern animation for the player ... Find someone to make the music :) :) I think 30 levels with 3 or 4 backdrop is possible.

I hope ...

Here is the last video i post until the end of the development process. In this video you'll can see the first 10 levels of the game, 2 bonuses and a beautifull gameplay bug at level 10 :) (Corrected at the time o wrote this lines) I'll hope you'll enjoy the video !

http://youtu.be/HphyVDnlmQ4

Edited by bfg.gamepassion
  • Like 3