IGNORED

Your favorite version of a game (other than the arcade version)?

the MS-DOS version of Mortal Kombat 1-4 was very close to the Arcade version in the 90s, better than any console version. Also if you had a Soundblaster AWE32 card you'd be having a much better experience than the original.

Also the Amiga versions of:

Shinobi,

Robocop,

Wonder Boy in Monster Land,

Rainbow Islands,

Bubble Bobble

Yie Air Kung Fu

were my favourites.

Probably because I could hear the music, but graphics looked very nice too.

2600 PAc-Man FTW!!!

Just kidding.... :) I lived in arcades and did a LOT of traveling, so I saw a LOT of machines in the wild. Two that I never did see were Tac-Scan and Lock-N-Chase. Had both for the 2600 and LOVED THEM. Played the arcade games in Mame years later, but still prefer the 2600 versions. Tac Scan is pretty good.... But still like the 2600 version.

• Like 1

Hands down...Life force NES

I like Life Force as well but I do miss the voices from the arcade version...

Space Dungeon on the 5200 over the arcade prototype...

Space Dungeon wasn't a prototype.. it was released in the arcades albeit quite rare.

2600 PAc-Man FTW!!!

Just kidding.... :) I lived in arcade and did a LOT of traveling, so I saw a LOT of machines in the wild. Two that I never did see were Tac-Scan and Lock-N-Chase. Had both for the 2600 and LOVED THEM. Played the arcade games in Mame years later, but still prefer the 2600 versions. Tac Scan is pretty good.... But still like the 2600 version.

I love Tac-Scan - one of my favorite Sega vectors. I wonder how it plays since the arcade version uses a spinner for the main ship controls????

Edited by schuwalker

I love Tac-Scan - one of my favorite Sega vectors. I wonder how it plays since the arcade version uses a spinner for the main ship controls????

Plays great. It uses the Atari paddles for controls.

Space Dungeon on the 5200 over the arcade prototype...

Space Dungeon wasn't a prototype.. it was released in the arcades albeit quite rare.

I didn't know that. I can understand why it was rare. I've played the arcade version (via MAME) and it's "seriously yuck city" (IMO).

Thanks for the correction!

- JIm -

Ghosts'n Goblins - C64. Original arcade soundtrack was great, but the totally redone C64 soundtrack is awesome. Great C64 graphics.

Ninja Gaiden - NES. Totally redone game. Totally better.

Not sure if these count, because they are actually different games, but I'll mention them too:

Tempest 2000 - Jaguar.

Super Ghouls'n Ghosts - SNES. (As in, it's better than the arcade Ghouls'n Ghosts.)