IGNORED

Diamond GOS on 8-bit disk?

calfranklin

My collection is pretty well organized, including files, disks, ROMs, and Docs. I'm pretty sure I don't have everything out there though. Thanks for posting what you've got. Here's my collection for those interested:

attachicon.gifDiamond GOS - Collection.zip

I forgot, I also have some Diamond GOS source code, including sources to Diamond Paint:

Diamond GOS - Sources.zip

• Like 3

Here are the disks from Alan. Disks 1 and 2 look like Atari DOS while the rest look like SpartaDOS in DD.

From the labels on the disks:

Reeve1: Diamond GOS/Paint/Write

Reeve2: Diamond GOS Paint & Write Master

Reeve3: Diamond Write (source)

Reeve4: Diamond DeskTop (source)

Reeve5: Diamond News Station Source

Reeve6: Diamond Utils 1 (source)

Reeve7: Diamond Paint (source)

Reeve8: Diamond Applications (programs)

Reeve9: Diamond OS (source)

Reeve10: Diamond Macros (source)

REEVE.zip

• Like 13

I'm almost glad I didn't notice that this thread had started up again, until now. I've been busy writing the "Diamond in the Rough" blog and didn't notice all the uploads. The files would have been a distraction from finishing the dCalc programming project. Now with my first Diamond project since 1992 done I can relax while unzipping them. The list of programs I compiled is short and hope to add to my collection.

Has anyone been able to run Diamond on an emulator?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
11 hours ago, hueyjones70 said:

Why doesn't someone who has a cart clone it and get the cart back on the market? I would buy one for sure. I remember seeing a cart for sale on eBay and bidding a ridiculously high bid and that bid was about half the winning bid.

The Diamond Cart is a 64k rom, much like the SpartaDOS X version.  There's a lot of bank switching going on.  The Disk version was a simple demo disk.  More for marketing then use.  The Diamond OS 2.0 was the working program.  Diamond OS 3.0 added function calls for  FILESELECT and MESSAGEBOX.  Make a call to one of these and the program will not run in version 2.0.  I have used the MAC65-MACROS for these functions(most of the time) to make them backward compatable.  There are so few version 3.0s in the world. 

A copy of the 3.0 rom can be found  on page 3 in this message.

Also the "Diamond in the Rough" blog may be of interest.