IGNORED

Atari 2600 Knockout Round 7: POLE POSITION

JacobZu7zu7

60,910! 212"32

I kept off the grass and kept the skidding down to a minimum. As I was rounding the last corner, I kept an eye on the timer. It went from 16 to 15 JUST as the game was ending. I'm convinced it's possible to finish the game with 16 seconds and crack 61K. I just have to work on reducing my skidding more (and pass one more car.) I think 61,160 is possible, but it has to be a perfect run. No skidding at all.

post-9712-0-45797300-1329234242_thumb.png post-9712-0-24122800-1329234254_thumb.png

Edited by Deteacher

post-26390-0-24023300-1329253366_thumb.jpg

Ugghhh! I was doing so well, only had 1 Crash. But then, the unthinkable happens...

I was in the left lane and, a car ahead was in the right lane, he swerves into my lane, Then, without thinking, I swerve to the left, I'm in the grass, Losing time, BUT THEN!! The car is RIGHT NEXT TO ME And I can't pick up enough Speed to pass him, so Were Going the same Speed! So finally, I had to brake and let him go by. 20 Seconds. Wasted!!! :mad: :_( :woozy: :( :skull: :sad:

Edited by Cortat G

Jacob, I'm ahead of Gorfy lol

Yup, I now see that, will fix that this update now...

Since were on the mistake topic, the rankings for last rounds, INTV Blockade Runner, went 10/8/6/4/2/1...

Did you change it, because normally it's 10-9-8-6-4-2-1.

Actually it was scored the 10-9-8-6-4-2-1, a non KO player "goldenband" got the 9.

Oh yeah... and there's no 7. Alrighty then.... lol

Also, are we using total time as a tiebreaker for entries with the same score?

No. I add the time because it is interesting trivia. We did that the last time this was played. We also had a mini-contest on fastest practice lap.

• Like 1

Scrabbler15

This player has been selected randomly, to choose a letter 'n number, for our 8th game.

A PM has been sent!... I will announce the game as soon as it's choosen by Scrabbler15.

A - X/2/3/4/X

B - 1/2/3/X/5

C - 1/2/X/4/5

D - 1/2/3/X/5

E - 1/X/3/X/5

EVERYONE HAS UNTIL SUNDAYS END, TO GET A NEW POLE POSITION SCORE IN,

I HAVE NO RECORDED SCORE, BY 2 K.O. PLAYERS...(NOT INCLUDING MYSELF)

0 - Jifremok

0 - toymailman

Need to get a higher score than by current zero! I should be able to get some quality playtime in this weekend.

Also, are we using total time as a tiebreaker for entries with the same score?

I decided against it, in case the two lowest scores are tied... it would be a real bummer

for a player to lose out, though finishing on the "same seconds".

If the bottom two players tie the general score, there will be a race off to see who's safe...